The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fairytale: A True Story
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Screen caps from the 1990s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teri

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Fairytale: A True Story Reply with quote

I found this rather lovely, dapper image of Paul from Fairytale: A True Story while on a Mark google, actually. I have an inkling to watch this again, as rapt as I am with the 1910's & 20's at the moment. I know there were some Fairytale caps at one of the past library incarnations--does anyone remember who's they were? I'd be glad to post them off my account (with credit, of course) if they'd care to send them to me--I'd love to see them again. Very Happy

Spring always seems the time for fairies, and things ethereal flitting through the air, does it not?! Smile

Handsome.

(photo courtesy of Jim Moran Images)
Grace

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQUEEEEE!!!

Oh I LOVE that, Teri! Thank you!! I think I'm going to make it into an icon. Awww! I love Paul in this movie. I love seeing him as a sweet daddy. Kind of like in Forgotten.

It's too bad Paul didn't have any little girls of his own. Not that there's anything wrong with having boys. But, I dunno - being a girl myself, really sweet daddy-&-little-girl relationships just zing my heartstrings. Very Happy

*kisses his sweet face*

*...licks*
*starts nibbling*
*chews*
*eats*

Tastes like real strawberries!
Teri

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, he is ever so precious with his little 'Emmy' in Forgotten--do we love the painting daddy's toenails part?? And I turn to mush when he's telling Emmy's little friend's about the magic wine (is that what he calls it?) at Natty's birthday party. *SIGH*

He would've been a darling father to a little girl. Did you ever see the article where he talks about that? It's from about ten years ago maybe, and he said he and Annie were trying hard for a little girl with no luck, and he didn't know what the problem was, that maybe he was shooting blanks. Sad My heart just went out to him when I read that, the sweetie.

Grace wrote:
Tastes like real strawberries!

I'm thinkin' he looks kind of minty or sagey there, in his green. *g*
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
And I turn to mush when he's telling Emmy's little friend's about the magic wine (is that what he calls it?) at Natty's birthday party.

He calls it frog wine, Teri. Smile

Quote:
He would've been a darling father to a little girl. Did you ever see the article where he talks about that? It's from about ten years ago maybe, and he said he and Annie were trying hard for a little girl with no luck, and he didn't know what the problem was, that maybe he was shooting blanks. Sad My heart just went out to him when I read that, the sweetie.

He talks about "firing blanks" in a May 2000 Radio Times interview with Andrew Duncan in the following passage: "My mum says childhood passes in the blink of an eye and of all the things I've ever done, or ever will do, bringing up my sons has been the greatest and happiest, the time I've felt most fulfilled. I don't want it to end. Joe still says, 'Dad, I'll never leave home. I'll live with you forever,' and I'm going, 'Don't. You're going to break my heart.' I'd love more children and the boys want a sister, but nothing's happened. You can wish all you like. Maybe I'm firing blanks. Who knows?" The rest of the article is up in the 2000+ periodical forum.

Estelle
Teri

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the one--thank you Estelle, I knew you'd come up with it! Very Happy I figured it was in the archives, but I was feeling too lazy and tired (just got home from work) to search it out that night.

So the boys wanted a sister, too? Ohhh...

*maternal heartstrings pinging away uncontrollably*

Hey, do you remember who posted Fairytale pics before, btw? For some reason I'm thinking it was Karin. Confused
Down East

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can get the computer to keep working--it's getting dodgy and buggy, I can upload some tomorrow.

Surprised
Grace

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwww, Paul and the boys wanting a little girl!!! Crying or Very sad I'll be their sister! Paul can be my daddy!!! Crying or Very sad I'll drink frog wine and paint his toenails!

Mmm, you're right, Teri, he does look more herby than fruity in his green. Maybe he tastes more like rosemary. Cool
Teri

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme? Surprised With a little mint thrown in--because Paul is so very cool. Cool

I'm thinkin' his tie is parsley, his shirt looks sage, his vest is rosemary (it looks greener than that when fresh), his hat is grey-green like thyme, and his eyes--mint. Smile

Actually, he looks like pesto! Razz

Grace wrote:
I'll drink frog wine and paint his toenails!

Sounds like the perfect date! *g* *SIGH*
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down East wrote:
If I can get the computer to keep working--it's getting dodgy and buggy, I can upload some tomorrow.

Surprised

Your Fairytale caps are beautiful, Maddy! If you can't upload them, I will.

Estelle
Grace

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
Actually, he looks like pesto! Razz

Hee, I think pmgsdiary was saying something recently about having some delicious pesto ice cream! Sounds like one of those bizarre but surprisingly good things. Like the avocado smoothie I had once.

Hmm, I wonder if rosemary, parsley and mint would be good with strawberries!!! I bet they would be heavenly! So aromatic.

Teri wrote:
Grace wrote:
I'll drink frog wine and paint his toenails!

Sounds like the perfect date! *g* *SIGH*

A very cheap date! Laughing (But often those are the nicest.)

Eeeee, that picture! It just makes me want to run across the train platform and throw my arms around him and kiss his cheek!!! Such a beauty!
Teri

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down East wrote:

Surprised

If you can get them uploaded, Maddy, or if Estelle can, I'd be glad to post them and credit you--I have oodles of space on my Photobucket account. Let me know, ladies. Smile

p.s. Almost got hubby to watch this last night (it would be his first Paul film, ever Surprised), but he fell asleep just before. I told him the action didn't really center around Paul, so he was willing to give it a try. Wink
Teri

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace wrote:

Hee, I think pmgsdiary was saying something recently about having some delicious pesto ice cream!

Pesto Paul! Very Happy Grace, you could start a whole 'nother McGann line called 'Herbal Buddies' or something, to complement your Bagel Baby line! Laughing

Pesto Paul--that would actually make him basil though, wouldn't it. You could use your avatar pic--he looks like he dove into a vat of the stuff. Smile

Grace wrote:
A very cheap date! Laughing (But often those are the nicest.)

And think where it could lead... Wink

Grace wrote:
Eeeee, that picture! It just makes me want to run across the train platform and throw my arms around him and kiss his cheek!!! Such a beauty!

I know--I love it. I love how most of it is slightly out of focus save for Paul.

He is such a beautiful man.
Down East

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Down East on Mon May 08, 2006 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Akka

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drool
Down East

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With: Bill Nighy

Harvey Keitel

Group Shot: With Peter O'Toole, Bill Nighy, McGann, Phoebe Nichols

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Screen caps from the 1990s All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: