The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McGann Dreams
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Gushatorium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalymura

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: McGann Dreams Reply with quote

Given all the time I spend looking at pictures of Paul, & gushing, it’s surprising that I don’t have dreams about him every night! It’s never happened, though; well, not until last night, when for most of the day I had been preoccupied with thoughts of another Scouse lovely, Jason Isaacs, instead. Perhaps Paul was sensing competition, & decided it was time to visit...

-----
I was in the drama department of Liverpool University (I guess my mind was trying to find a plausible reason for Paul being around) & I had been talked into going to the auditions for a children’s programme, which were being held in the building. As we (random other people) were waiting in line, the auditions co-ordinator came out with a pogo stick & said that one of the conditions of passing the audition was that we could continuously bounce for at least ten minutes.

“That’s ridiculous” Paul announces from somewhere further ahead in the queue, & starts walking back along the line toward the exit. As he passed me, I replied “isn’t it just?” He stops & vents a little spleen about the awful conditions of other auditions he’s been to, & then asks “have you read a script like this before?” Truth was, I hadn’t seen the script at all, & I was rather too distracted by his yummy self (he had really curly hair in the dream, & a scarf tightened far up his neck - I’m sure there’s a real life picture like this, but now I can’t find it) to think of an answer, so he starts away again.

I quit the queue & follow him, babbling “they wouldn’t want me anyway, no one would understand me with my accent” He raises a eyebrow & asks what I mean, so I awkwardly explain “well, it’s quite a distinctive & regional accent, isn’t it?” At which point I realise I’m offending him, & say “but then so is yours, but in a nice way”. He puts his hand on my shoulder, tells me it’s been nice meeting me, & escapes, leaving me a blushing, gabbling mass.
-----

Embarassed

Unfortunately, it's probably not too far from the blubbering mass I'd be in reality Rolling Eyes

Ah well, now that I've got the dream-ball rolling, maybe some more appealing ones will come along Twisted Evil

Anyone else had any Dreams of McGann?
Grace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How funny! I love that dream! Very cool! I always have vivid and entertaining dreams too!

I recently had a dream about meeting Stephen McGann, certainly inspired by some of the Brit girls who did meet him a couple of weeks ago. He wasn't a major part of the dream though, just a cameo appearance.
---
He was in the lobby of my church, and since I was getting pictures taken with all my other friends, I thought, "Might as well get one with Stephen too!" So we went through to the main sanctuary of the church, which was a soccer field, to all take turns posing for pictures, and I got to give him a hug. I think we were standing on top of the bleachers for our pictures.
drbillbongo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted about my Paul McGann dream in my LJ, but I could as well tell you about it here if you haven't read about it yet...

It started rather weird with the Farmer (my best friend) and me smoking on my parents' balcony (I have an own flat now). My parents and my brother weren't there, the flat was deserted. Suddenly, the doorbell rang and the Farmer answered. I wanted to finish my cigarette first. I didn't even hear the balcony door open and someone step up behind me, but suddenly, I had someone's arms around my waist and smelled a very intriguing mix of perfume and after shave. I can't describe it, but it made me turn around immediately. Which was when Paul McGann was kissing my neck. The Farmer left (though I don't know why) and Paul said that we had a lot to catch up on. Apparently, we had met before, when I was still going to school. We talked, we snuggled, and just the moment he bent to kiss me, I woke up. Meh.

I don't complain, of course, it was one of the best and most ... realistic dreams I've ever had. But - WTF? I don't understand.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drbillbongo wrote:
Which was when Paul McGann was kissing my neck..... But - WTF? I don't understand.

Dreams are just weird, Bill. Anyway, I recently dreamed that Paul kissed me, but the lips I felt on mine were those of my husband. LOL

At ChicagoTARDIS 2004 Paul was in kissy mode, and when I gave him a sheet of US 37 cent stamps with a picture of him that I'd taken in LA, he said, "Give me a kiss." He puckered up, and I kissed him on the lips. Unfortunately, the sensation reminded me of kissing my mom. T'was a nice gesture on his part though.

Estelle
Teri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emay wrote:
Anyway, I recently dreamed that Paul kissed me, but the lips I felt on mine were those of my husband. LOL

Well that's telling of where our heads are at, isn't it Estelle? Laughing The field day a psycho-analyst could have with that one. CT was pretty much a 'peck fest'--can you imagine him dipping us like Valentino and planting long wet ones on each of us in the autograph line? LOL! You know there weren't any para-medics onsite--he had to be careful. Wink

Oddly enough, when I was in that first flush of Paul attraction, I didn't dream about him at all the first year or more. But shortly before TARDIS I dreamt he and two other anonymous TARDIS attendees were my convention roomates. I only remember my dreams for say, a half hour Confused , but I do remember him pouring two glasses of wine, pinning me down on one of the beds, and whispering something in a Gaelic tongue while he nuzzled my neck, too (there you go, Bill--we must all have a Paul neck nuzzle in our sub-concious! lol). Good dream, good dream. Wink

I've had several more since then, but they've gotted increasingly less 'passionate' with time, probably because I've met him since and he's more of a real person to me. Just last week I had one where he was introducing me to his boys--but his older one Joe looked like a kid I used to work with (who looks something like Paul did in Nice Town, so that might explain that), and his younger one Jake was actually Prince Harry! Laughing I think he left me there to look after them for a while--you know, because a seventeen and fifteen year old need that. Shocked

I think I dream of him more as a family man now that I've gotten to 'know' Annie a little through others, too. That's really brought him down to earth for me a little, I think.
Grace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
Just last week I had one where he was introducing me to his boys--but his older one Joe looked like a kid I used to work with (who looks something like Paul did in Nice Town, so that might explain that), and his younger one Jake was actually Prince Harry! Laughing I think he left me there to look after them for a while--you know, because a seventeen and fifteen year old need that. Shocked

Hee! Laughing

Funny that it was Prince Harry, because I was talking to someone (Jenn I think) about the McGann clan, and realized that I know a LOT about all of them, and I don't want to be a crazy stalker fan, but I'm kind of like those people who are obsessed with the Royals!! Shocked
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace wrote:
...realized that I know a LOT about all of them, and I don't want to be a crazy stalker fan, but I'm kind of like those people who are obsessed with the Royals!! Shocked

I think anyone can be labeled as obsessed if they're interested in a particular topic or person, but such a label doesn't do anything other than to generate angst. Just have fun being McGanned in these parts. It's a safe haven, so to speak. Smile

Estelle
Begonia8

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to search for my diary entry, but about
a week and a half ago, I had a dream about
all four McGann brothers. Alas, I don't remember
too many details about it, but this is what I do
remember.

I was home, in London, in a new flat. All four
McGanns had come to visit. There was food,
and we were singing, mostly Paul, Mark, and I.
The high point of the dream was that NOBODY
could get Stephen out of my rocking chair?!?!
Not for love nor money! He'd fallen in love with
it and refused to give it up! Smile
Grace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catherine wrote:
and we were singing, mostly Paul, Mark, and I.
The high point of the dream was that NOBODY
could get Stephen out of my rocking chair?!?!
Not for love nor money! He'd fallen in love with
it and refused to give it up! Smile

Hee, how CUTE! Laughing And singing Paul and Mark! - love!
Grace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emay wrote:
Grace wrote:
...realized that I know a LOT about all of them, and I don't want to be a crazy stalker fan, but I'm kind of like those people who are obsessed with the Royals!! Shocked

I think anyone can be labeled as obsessed if they're interested in a particular topic or person, but such a label doesn't do anything other than to generate angst. Just have fun being McGanned in these parts. It's a safe haven, so to speak. Smile

Estelle

I don't mind too much. And I can pretend that the McGanns are the Royals in the British acting scene. Cool
Rollyb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's a safe haven, so to speak.

Just be careful not to slip on your own drool...... Wink
I can think of worse things than being McGanned!!!
Rollande Cool
Teri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace wrote:
Funny that it was Prince Harry, because I was talking to someone (Jenn I think) about the McGann clan, and realized that I know a LOT about all of them, and I don't want to be a crazy stalker fan, but I'm kind of like those people who are obsessed with the Royals!! Shocked

And it probably makes the Brits think we Americans just lump them all into one stereotypical bunch with the queen , etc.--but I honestly don't! Laughing I realize Paul's got his whole scousy, working class Liverpool thing going on, and the queen has, you know, her thing going on... So I have no idea why I dreamt that--my brain must've just found Harry a suitable substitute for someone I don't know from Adam. Confused Dreaming of Joe as an American shows you just how wonky a dream can get, too.
Grace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
Grace wrote:

And it probably makes the Brits think we Americans just lump them all into one stereotypical bunch with the queen , etc.--but I honestly don't! Laughing I realize Paul's got his whole scousy, working class Liverpool thing going on, and the queen has, you know, her thing going on... So I have no idea why I dreamt that--my brain must've just found Harry a suitable substitute for someone I don't know from Adam. Confused Dreaming of Joe as an American shows you just how wonky a dream can get, too.

No no, it makes sense, the Royal connection. Because if Paul is the king in our McGann royalty, then his younger son Jake ought to be Prince Harry. And having Joe be an American makes sense because you're used to American people. So random strangers in a dream would probably be American by default.

And now for a very random side note. My oldest nephew has always been adorable and cute, but now he's 8 (EIGHT! so big!) and he's such a handsome little MAN! He often looks like Prince William in photos! Very strange but true. He's going to be a popular young man when love comes along. Cool And a gorgeous one, too.
Grace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said wonky. Very Happy I love the word wonky. When I was in high school, I picked it up from a British guy but didn't know anyone else who said it. Then gradually my friends started picking it up from me, because it's such an effective word. I think I even heard it on TV recently! But somehow, I feel like I can take credit for it because I used it first!! (Yeah, I know I didn't really. But I still feel happy every time I hear it.)
Teri

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace wrote:
No no, it makes sense, the Royal connection. Because if Paul is the king in our McGann royalty, then his younger son Jake ought to be Prince Harry. And having Joe be an American makes sense because you're used to American people. So random strangers in a dream would probably be American by default.

OK, yeah, I can see that. Very Happy Somehow when you say it, Grace, it sounds completely and utterly logical, so I'm goin' with it. Laughing

Grace wrote:
And now for a very random side note. My oldest nephew has always been adorable and cute, but now he's 8 (EIGHT! so big!) and he's such a handsome little MAN! He often looks like Prince William in photos! Very strange but true. He's going to be a popular young man when love comes along. Cool And a gorgeous one, too.

Now that's what this world needs--an American Wills!--one we can call our very own. Very Happy He must be a doll--look out! Surprised

Grace wrote:
You said wonky. Very Happy I love the word wonky.

I know--I got it from you! Very Happy It's my 'Grace' word--I've been using it at work and all over the place. Laughing It really is a great, multi-purpose word, and people seem to get what you mean instantly, even if they've never heard it before. It's my new favorite adjective.

Hope it's OK I nicked it from ya. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Gushatorium All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: