The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ahem. THOSE pictures from The Rainbow
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Screen caps from the 1980s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Ahem. THOSE pictures from The Rainbow Reply with quote

These caps are courtesy of Down East.

First, la vida orgasmic:

I have to get some sleep:

Ursula: That wasn't how I'd imagined my first time would be!
Anton: I was really, really good.

Things go better the second time around:

Sweet dreams are made of this:

Now that was good for me. Was it good for you, too? Very Happy

Estelle
Akka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cold shower is out of cold water! Embarassed
Marwood

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Shocked Surprised I didn't expect to see that!

2. That woman has truly terrible hair.

3. Thanks, Estelle. Not that I looked, of course. I respectfully averted my eyes. Ahem...
Teri

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marwood wrote:
1. Shocked Surprised I didn't expect to see that!

Another McGann 'rite of passage', Marwood. Wink Laughing

Marwood wrote:
2. That woman has truly terrible hair.

Although she was right in style! Very Happy
Mary Pickford was still even wearing the look ten years later Wink...

The look grew out of the late Victorian fascination with faeries (see: Fairytale, A True Story), and sirens emerging from the sea, hair wet and bedraggled, intertwined with seaweed and various other types of aquatic vegetation.

Probably more than you wanted to know, though. Wink

Marwood

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
hair wet and bedraggled, intertwined with seaweed and various other types of aquatic vegetation.

With such a great basis for a hairstyle, I'm frankly amazed that it hasn't endured. Very Happy
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marwood wrote:
3. Thanks, Estelle. Not that I looked, of course. I respectfully averted my eyes. Ahem...

Not much to see, huh? Interestingly, Paul has managed to keep most of his kit on for the rest of his TV and film work.

At this past Gally, Philip Olivier, a young, blonde, handsome Scouse actor who voices the part of Hex in the Big Finish Doctor Who audios, had some calendars showing off his ass-ets for sale in the autograph line. He explained that he had been into body-building and had been approached to do these calendars displaying his nude form. Anyway, someone in the audience suggested that the Big Finish guys should pose for such a calendar, too. We could have calendar boys, and Philip said he could help get Gary Russell in shape for such a venture. When Em suggested that Paul be included, Jason Haigh-Ellery said that no, Paul wouldn't do anything like that. Smile

Estelle
Bushblower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhhhh, thank you Estelle, I rather enjoyed that!
Yep, I admit it, the man is best in zeee nude!!!

Quote:
When Em suggested that Paul be included, Jason Haigh-Ellery said that no, Paul wouldn't do anything like that.

I don't see why he wouldn't. He did Rainbow which bared all, even if bits were left more blurry than I would prefer.

It ain't like he's a saint or anything. Though I have gotten the impression, or heard along the way, that he regretted these pics being out there. Too bad, shoulda thought of that before doin the movie. It's pretty surprising he did this movie really, but aren't we glad he did it?

Male nudity - a beautiful thing, and there should be more of it for us gals!
Marwood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emay wrote:
Not much to see, huh?

Surprised There'll be no hug for you at the next Dr Who convention!

Bushblower wrote:
He did Rainbow which bared all, even if bits were left more blurry than I would prefer.

Screen capping wasn't a concern when he filmed those scenes.
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It ain't like he's a saint or anything. Though I have gotten the impression, or heard along the way, that he regretted these pics being out there.

No, Karin, he's no saint or hero (though he's played a few on TV). I've just read of his joking with some PMEBers at Sabina about a picture of his bare bum floating around the web. He asked listmom Steph Gould if the pmeb website had such a pic, and she said no, it didn't. But I've put up some here. Oh well. Looks like art to me. Smile

Quote:
There'll be no hug for you at the next Dr Who convention!

If he knew these piccies were here, I think there would definitely be no hug (not that I'd count on getting one anyway--I think having Paul say, "Give me a kiss!" when I gave him some US 37 cent stamps with his picture on them is likely the acme of my fannish encounter with him).

Estelle
Bushblower

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emay wrote:

I've just read of his joking with some PMEBers at Sabina about a picture of his bare bum floating around the web. He asked listmom Steph Gould if the pmeb website had such a pic, and she said no, it didn't. But I've put up some here. Oh well. Looks like art to me. Smile

If he knew these piccies were here, I think there would definitely be no hug

Yep, have to agree with you there, looks like art to me too. Cool

Hopefully, what he doesn't know won't hurt him, hee hee!

Anyway, he put it on film, so we's get to look, weeeeeee!
Even if screencaps weren't done back then, once you put yourself nudely
into a movie, even then, you're pretty much stuck with it.

Hopefully, he can understand our appreciation of such fine art, not that I'm gonna worry about it. Twisted Evil
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushblower wrote:
Hopefully, he can understand our appreciation of such fine art, not that I'm gonna worry about it. Twisted Evil

I'm not particularly worried about it either. Anyway, the picture of him climbing up the rock face makes me think of Adam fleeing the wrath of God in the Garden of Eden.

As for the Big Finish calendar boy idea, I don't think you'd get Jason Haigh-Ellery out of his kit either. Philip Olivier's nude-themed calendars were an interesting find at a Doctor Who convention. Gaby saw them, too, when we were wending our way through the maze-like autograph line, so we could chat with Louise Jameson for a couple of moments.

Estelle
Teri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this comment amusing, from a male reviewer HERE at the IMDb:

'The scene of the soldier climbing naked up the rocks is an amazing spectacle.'

I couldn't have said it better! Laughing But you know the first thing I think of when I look at these is not
*hot sex* *hot sex* *hot sex*
I'm honestly struck first by the aesthetics of a wonderfully athletic body in motion there. Paul should be really proud of that! There's nothing lewd going on there, after all.

The wine opening pics are a whole 'nuther story, though. Wink
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
I'm honestly struck first by the aesthetics of a wonderfully athletic body in motion there. Paul should be really proud of that! There's nothing lewd going on there, after all.

The wine opening pics are a whole 'nuther story, though. Wink

I remember reading an article (which I'll have to unearth and post) that came out not long after Rainbow was released. Apparently Paul gladly doffed his togs for director Ken Russell and didn't feel badly about it.

As for the wine opening bit, you remember how wink/wink he was about it at CT2004, when he said he still opens up wine bottles in that fashion. LOL

However, he didn't want to take it all off for Dealers and said something to effect that the less shown of sex, the better. I guess one can go to the extreme and have inadvertently comical sex scenes likes the ones with Joseph Fiennes and Heather Graham in Killing Me Softly.

Estelle
Desdemona

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, and this may be WAY off base here so just slap me if I'm wrong, but there's one thing I notice about Paul doing "love" scenes.

Except for a few exceptions, i.e. Dealers and Paper Mask (OMG, that kiss!), he doesn't full-on snog the woman he's with. In Streets of Yesterday, he kind of pecks/teases. In Doctor Who, they're innocent closed-lip dealies. In Catherine the Great, they're feathery, closed-lip kind of caress things rather than full on lip lock. In Our Mutual Friend, it's fleeting and sweet, same with Downtime. In Sweet Revenge, it's still even pretty tentative.

I think that just goes along with the whole "the less you see of sex the better" ideal that makes it more real and frankly, a bit sexier.

Yeah, go on. I'm silly.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot... Forgotten. Crud, maybe that one blows my theory out of the water. He snogs like THREE times in that one. Smile Smile Smile
"Bush put both arms round Hornblower's shoulders and walked with dragging feet... Hornblower was the best man in the world and Bush could announce it by singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow' while lurching along the alleyway. " - Lt. Hornblower
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bushblower

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emay wrote:

Philip Olivier's nude-themed calendars were an interesting find at a Doctor Who convention. Gaby saw them, too, when we were wending our way through the maze-like autograph line, so we could chat with Louise Jameson for a couple of moments.

Estelle

Oh, I just know her eyes found those right away. Bwahahaha!
I'm surprised she didn't get one, or did she?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Screen caps from the 1980s All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: