The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shout out to Estelle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> The Bulletin Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shipoftheline

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Shout out to Estelle Reply with quote

I have been watching the news about the flooding all week and keep thinking about you. Are you ok?

Photoshop resources
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Shout out to Estelle Reply with quote

shipoftheline wrote:
I have been watching the news about the flooding all week and keep thinking about you. Are you ok?

We're lucky to live on a hill and not near any river or creek. So, my house is unscathed, other than a couple of roof leaks that showed up during the two days of torrential rain last weekend. The flooding you saw on the news, however, is very serious, and the clean up will require lots of effort and funds. Nashville is lucky to have one functioning water treatment plant that escaped being flooded by 0.64 feet. The other plant is still being evaluated for flood damage and has not yet been restarted.

The rain just kept on coming last weekend--I'd never seen such continuous heavy rainfall during the 24 years I've lived in Nashville. It turns out that the 13 inch rainfall over two days is a record, and people are calling this the thousand year flood.

Out your way, there are fires to deal with, and here wind and water can play havoc with people.

Estelle
Frigate

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to know you're alright Estelle! We're waterlogged as well (in fact Paris was cut off from the rest of the world for awhile last Sunday) but like you I'm on a hill and so far so good. Found out I had some gutters that need cleaning though!

We had some employees from our animal shelter heading to Nashville next week for a conference in the Grand Ole Opry which unfortunately got a bit wet. It's so sad to see all the damage in the area and the loss of life. Floods are horrible.
Tony: "Neither does 'Tony'."

Navy NCIS Naval Criminal Investigative Service 2003
shipoftheline

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to hear both of you made it out ok. Funny (or not) when one has that much rain, one finds one's roof and gutter's problems. We had a few of those last winter.

Photoshop resources
StarKnight Lt WHO

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're doin' alright, Estelle! I didn't even realise you were somewhat in harm's way until I read this thread. Shocked Needless to say, I can breathe a sigh of relief now!! <3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> The Bulletin Board All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: