The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starrylizard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hi all from Canberra, Australia.

I go by Lizzie or Starrylizard online. I recently got McGanned, as this thread so aptly puts it, when a friend got me to listen to the Eighth Doctor audio plays. I'm still listening avidly. Hours of fun! So I guess I fell in love with his voice first.

And then there was Hornblower! I was watching that on the recommend of a friend, when I heard Paul's voice and I just knew it was him! Ha! I didn't know there was a sexy man that went with that voice before then. Bush is definitely my favourite Hornblower character now. Very Happy

Since then, I've watched Withnail and I (bought the DVD with commentary which is well worth the extra cost), The Eighth Doctor movie, Our Mutual Friend (beautiful adaptation with a stellar cast!) and I'm now watching The Hanging Gale and bawling my eyes out in the process.

So, it's safe to say I'm thoroughly McGanned and very happy to find another place to be further indoctrinated in all things McGann. I'm also massively excited that he's to be in Melbourne, Australia next year. Woot! I'm so there!

Well, that's enough rambling from me. Rolling Eyes

Hiiiiii! *waves*
Lizzie

Last edited by starrylizard on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mikoto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Lizzie! I thought your name looked familiar -- I recently yoinked one of your LJ icons. Great work! Very Happy

You're in excellent company here.

One for:
~ 'Two hearts'
~ 'Thirteen lives'
~ A clock
~ 90s-grade CG
~ Reference to Puccini/Madame Butterfly

Two for:
~ Gratuitous Doctor Who continuity
~ Overtly Messianic imagery
~ Beryllium/atomic clock
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, and welcome!! I'm especially enamored of Paul's voice, too. Have you heard Vurt yet?

Estelle
Begonia8

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from petitmayfaircat at LJ! I recognised your name straightaway from LJ. Glad to see you've found the Library! Smile

I became "McGanned" in the eighties with Paul's performance in "The Importance of Being Earnest", but it was the TVM in May of 1996 that really put me over the top! I've been "McGanned" ever since. Smile

You'll enjoy this place. There's lots of goodies here. Of course, meeting him in the flesh is the best goodie of all! You'll enjoy that! He's a lovely man!

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
starrylizard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome guys! Nice to see some familiar LJ faces too! Very Happy

Estelle, I've looked for Vurt, but not been able to get it yet. One of my friends raved about it. I have seen second-hand tapes for sale online, but I don't currently have a credit card. I'm sure I'll get my hands on it eventually. I do love audio books and plays of late! Ever since I found out the likes of PMG and David Tennant voice some of these puppies! Very Happy
scribble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and Welcome from me too, starrylizard! Smile

Aah...the Voice, and of course there's the Face, the Talent...the man's got it all. Laughing I also highly recommend Vurt, it's my favorite audio book by Paul thus far (obviously Wink).

I hope you enjoy all the goodies here, see ya around!

~scribble~ Cool
Tegan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lizzie Greetings from Sydney. When I hear more details about Paul's Oz visit I'll keep everyone here posted
starrylizard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Vurt is on the "to be found" list for sure. Very Happy

And maybe I'll get to meet you when Paul visits, Cat. Yes, please do update if you hear anything! Very Happy
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belated 'Hello' from me too Very Happy

I've bene on holiday so haven't checked in for a couple of weeks but glad to see another new face!
starrylizard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michelle. Mice to meet you too! Very Happy
Frigate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belated welcome from me too! Paul is just too awesome for words and you've found the motherload here. Have fun!
Tony: "Neither does 'Tony'."

Navy NCIS Naval Criminal Investigative Service 2003
starrylizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I'm sure I will. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: