The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Sydney, Downunder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tegan

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Hello from Sydney, Downunder Reply with quote

Hello all,

I live in Sydney, Australia and among being a big admirer of Mr McGann's work I also love Doctor Who , photography and basketball

Hmm when did I first get McGanned? Probably when the movie came out in 96 though it was many years later when NewWho began that I finally got to re discover the movie and other things McGann

I was lucky enough to meet Paul in 2007 when he was at a theatre in London to see the same thing I was (Elling)
What can I say he's an absolute lovely guy in person , was happy to chat to me even when I was a bit stuck for words and most likely blushing Embarassed

Also a fantastic actor which is why we all love him to bits
Seventh Doctor Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Cat, nice to see you here. Very Happy

"Nonsense time for a quick adventure then back for tea"
Tegan

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you too *waves*
Seventh Doctor Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cat9 wrote:
you too *waves*

You know you are good with photography and graphic design, well I was wondering, could you make a wallpaper with the Seventh and Eighth Doctor on it? Very Happy

Tegan

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I could let me know what photos you'd like me to use - the bigger resolution the better
Frigate

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! *waves!*

I'm more of a Bush fan than the Dr., but I'll take Paul in anything - and in any form! Gonna meet him for the first time this year in Chicago and I can hardly wait.

Glad to have you here!
Tony: "Neither does 'Tony'."

Navy NCIS Naval Criminal Investigative Service 2003
Tegan

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've just ordered Hornblower on DVD (I'm late) although I love Paul in everything really

Withnail and I being another fave

So cool he's going to the Chicago TARDIS wish he'd do one in Sydney next Wink
Begonia8

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome from another Cat! There are lots of goodies here! You'll really enjoy it here. Smile

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
Seventh Doctor Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cat9 wrote:
I'm sure I could let me know what photos you'd like me to use - the bigger resolution the better

Well any pictures from here:

Seventh Doctor

http://tragicalhistorytour.com/html/d7index.html

Eighth Doctor

http://tragicalhistorytour.com/html/d8index.html

emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you, Cat! Welcome. Smile

Estelle
Tegan

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to meet you all , really happy I found this forum Smile

Its funny recently I had a customer ( I work in retail ) and she had the surname McGann. I mentioned that there was an actor named McGann and she said Paul? turns out she is a fan of his work as well and may even be related in some way as her ancestors came from Ireland as well
Teri

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the library, cat9, nice to meet you. Smile
Tegan

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in another section but thought I'd re post here as well

Ok so here is my "OMG I met Paul story"

Back in 2007 I went on holidays to the UK. I'd pre booked a few theatre tickets one of which was "Elling" This is where the story begins

My cousin and I had great seats near to where the exit was (in the middle) and about 4 rows back

We both were chatting about the play as interval had just began . I saw someone walk out *doubletake* I turn to my cousin and say omg I just saw Paul McGann

Who? she asks

So I decide to go and find him during interval - now I really am a shy person but I was thinking that this was probably my one and only chance to meet him and by luck here he is!

Eventually I spotted Paul and walked over. Apologised for the interruption and said Hi Paul , I've always wanted to meet you. This was the most confident I could be but inside I was freaking out. So Paul gave me his full attention, I asked if he minded signing my program, he was actually relunctant -in his words :I feel like an imposter" because he wasn't in the play but he did sign the back for me. He was praising the cast (Simm, Bower) , the script and how much he would have loved to be in Elling.

I asked for a photo as well which is when my cousin appeared to take it. The embarrasing thing was there was not a lot of room. Here I am with my arm around Paul, he with his arm around me and Karen is backing up to take the shot. Paul whispers "she's going to bump into those people" I say nah she won't . So I got my pic though I look like a grinning idiot who was thinking at the time OMG I've got my arm around Paul McGann and Paul's expression is a bit like "shes going to bump into those people!" lol

Anyway with that I thought my experience would be over but then Paul turns around and starts chatting to me about how long I'd been in London, the weather because it had been cold and overcast despite being late summer and where I was heading next

I think thats when my opinion got even higher of him. What a lovely lovely man , he made my night, was one of the highlights of my holiday (Hey I got to meet John Simm and John Barrowman on that holiday too!)

I'd really like to meet him again one day and try not to blush so much

Very fond memories
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: