The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Upstate New York

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
werefox61

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Hello from Upstate New York Reply with quote

Hello all, I am werefox61 also known as Heidi. I became a McGann-o-phile via Doctor Who. I ran out of David Tennant and Chris Eccleston videos (they both have done quite a bit of tv and movie work)to watch so I went back and watched the Doctor Who movie again and was stunned. How did miss those eyes the first time I watched it a couple of years ago? Was I insane? This guy is "the whole package". I love his voice. I love the way he acts. I love the way he looks. I love those eyes. I have since been searching the internet for everything I can find that he has done. He is great in Horatio Hornblower and Our Mutual Friend, and Withnail and I. Marwood, I could just eat him up (I don't blame Uncle Monty for wanting a little of that). The only negative comments I have for his work are...
1. Why isn't he in more scenes (I read in imdb of a lot of his work ending up on the cutting room floor in several projects) I want to see him on the screen at least 80% of the time. In The Hanging Gale Part 1 he was only in the last 10 minutes.
2. Why isn't more of his work available on DVDs to rent.
3. Why is it that all the good sex scenes on the DVDs I have been able to rent seem to be where the skips and scratches are so the player freezes up and skips the best bits. (OK that is probably Netflix's fault)
Everything I have seen him in he has done a very fine acting job. He just has a presence, but then I know I'm preaching to the choir. Just call me McGanned.
It would be great to actually meet him in person, as he is going to the ChicagoTARDIS in November. We will have to see how the finances shake out. That would be a real dream. I would probably just stare at him and make incoherant sounds until someone called an ambulance thinking I'd had a stroke or something.javascript:emoticon('Embarassed')
Well one thing you know about me is that I can ramble on and on. So I will stop myself now.javascript:emoticon('Wink')
Nice to be here among fellow fans.
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Heidi and welcome!

You are among like-minded friends here Very Happy

Be good if you could make Chicago in November ~ a few of us are going and it'll be my first trip to the states so i'm very excited.
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Heidi!! You are certainly among like-minded folks here. Very Happy

I hope things will work out for you to attend ChicagoTARDIS.

Estelle
werefox61

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the warm welcome. I never thought Chicago in November would be at the top of my vacation wish list, but it is now.
Mikoto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, Heidi! I am late to the party, as always. Sad But yes, it would be cool to see you in Chicago (and I swore off going there after two bad trips, so I can't believe I'm planning to go, too)!

One for:
~ 'Two hearts'
~ 'Thirteen lives'
~ A clock
~ 90s-grade CG
~ Reference to Puccini/Madame Butterfly

Two for:
~ Gratuitous Doctor Who continuity
~ Overtly Messianic imagery
~ Beryllium/atomic clock
msandusky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the sweet madness, lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: