The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking For....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Trades and Downloads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Looking For.... Reply with quote

Paper Mask on DVD?! Does it exist? I found it on VHS.

Also, I'd love to have a copy of the One that Got Away.

Willing to trade -- thanks to Estelle and Teri I have quite a bit.

Dez
"Bush put both arms round Hornblower's shoulders and walked with dragging feet... Hornblower was the best man in the world and Bush could announce it by singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow' while lurching along the alleyway. " - Lt. Hornblower
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Teri

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's on DVD, but if you get desperate enough, I have an original tape of it, I'm pretty sure--not a copied tape--if you want to borrow it, Dez.

I think Em transferred all her tapes to DVD, and let me have several of her original tapes--and I think that was one of them. Smile
Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered PM on VHS from Amazon... but would love it on DVD.

Crud, I should have bought a DVD/VCR recorder....
"Bush put both arms round Hornblower's shoulders and walked with dragging feet... Hornblower was the best man in the world and Bush could announce it by singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow' while lurching along the alleyway. " - Lt. Hornblower
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jenn,

Back in October I put Paper Mask on DVD for Suz, and I'd be happy to make you a copy. Teri mentioned that Em had stuff on DVD, too. However, at Gally Em said she recently erased her hard drive that had 300 gigabytes of Paul McGann movie fare (now that was definitely a magical hard drive).

Thank you for Sea of Souls DVD which came while I was away. I'll send it on to Teri. Smile

Estelle
Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bless you, Estelle, and thanks. Smile Thanks for passing Sea of Souls on to Teri. She'll be a wibbling pile of goo after seeing that one, won't she? Wink

By the way, Estelle, and you'd probably be the one to ask. Does anyone have a copy of Give Us A Break? Is that out there somewhere?
Teri

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desdemona wrote:
Bless you, Estelle, and thanks. Smile Thanks for passing Sea of Souls on to Teri. She'll be a wibbling pile of goo after seeing that one, won't she? Wink

My molecular structure's already changing just thinking about it! Very Happy Thanks for the team effort you guys--you're the best!

*does the 'Jenn happy dance'*

Desdemona wrote:
By the way, Estelle, and you'd probably be the one to ask. Does anyone have a copy of Give Us A Break? Is that out there somewhere?

I'm pretty sure Karin has a copy. Smile
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desdemona wrote:

I have GUAB and will be putting it on DVD this weekend, along with a bad copy of the GUAB movie that Oz PMEBer Annie Marshall sent me (well, she warned me that the copy was a poor one).

I still haven't seen Sea of Souls yet, except for the opening scenes with the reference to the Lone Ranger. LOL! I guess I'm still enthralled with the anticipaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaation.

If I'd known about it previously, I would have offered to buy Em's 300 gig McGanned hard drive. Smile

Estelle
NotsignedinDez

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<comes in begging for a copy of that along with Paper Mask>>

Dez
Grace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEEEEK! Could I get a copy of GUAB and maybe Paper Mask too pleasepleaseplease? I've only ever heard of one person in Australia who had a copy, and I guess that must be Annie!

Does anyone have Downtime they could share...?

Embarassed I feel bashful asking for things, since I don't have anything to share in return... BUT I WILL SOON! WOOHOO! I'm expecting two different packages from the UK any day now, full of rarity and squeeeeeeeee!!! (and probably laughs) Laughing I'll finally have something to share!

Oh, and I have the latest Miss Marple with Paul. I don't have a DVD burner, but I could probably get one of my friends to copy it if one of you wants one?
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking For.... Reply with quote

Desdemona wrote:
Also, I'd love to have a copy of the One that Got Away.

If you can watch a region 2 DVD, I can burn you a copy of this latter DVD, too, Dez. If not, I can do a DVD-to-DVD NTSC conversion.

Estelle
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace wrote:
EEEEEK! Could I get a copy of GUAB and maybe Paper Mask too pleasepleaseplease? I've only ever heard of one person in Australia who had a copy, and I guess that must be Annie!

Does anyone have Downtime they could share...?

I think the regular season GUAB tapes were originally recorded in Australia, and my converted copies are of ok quality. The movie is a different matter. I attributed the poor quality of the latter to the conversion process. However, when I played Annie's original tape in my Samsung world region VCR, the picture quality still left something to be desired. It's watchable though, if you like Paul McGann. Smile

Quote:
Oh, and I have the latest Miss Marple with Paul. I don't have a DVD burner, but I could probably get one of my friends to copy it if one of you wants one?

I'd love a copy of Miss Marple, Grace. Thank you. Smile

Estelle
Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If you can watch a region 2 DVD, I can burn you a copy of this latter DVD, too, Dez. If not, I can do a DVD-to-DVD NTSC conversion."

OMG It's Estelle to the rescue again!

To be on the safe side, can you do the NTSC conversion, please? Darn, woman, you've passed on so much for me PMG wise... hopefully I can pay some of this forward or, I dunno. Somehow I doubt I'd ever have anything you don't, LOL.

Thank you again!!!!

and Grace, I have Downtime, but I just need your snail mail address again.

Dez
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Trades and Downloads All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: