The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Check out Paul on myspace.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Begonia8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time! To anyone who hasn't noticed. my Myspace page is FINALLY gone as of a few days ago! Only took nearly three weeks! Confused Oh well, I'm glad it's finally gone. Smile

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering, Cat, if Paul thinks he has cancelled his myspace as he did his facebook? At Invasion, when asked, he said that he'd no longer got a myspace - maybe he had the same problem and didn't realise?

Glad you're sorted!
Begonia8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul was on Facebook?! Shocked Hm, I didn't know that. How'd he manage to cancel there? I've heard one CAN'T cancel a Facebook account. It's quite possible that he may have had the same problem cancelling Myspace as I did and didn't realise. Maybe son Joe should mention to him that his Myspace page is still there. Smile

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
Frigate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I suppose it really doesn't matter if it's gone or not as he never really used it anyway and it doesn't hurt anything for it to linger there does it? It's just a ghost from another time...

Wish someone could talk him into trying Facebook again though!
Tony: "Neither does 'Tony'."

Navy NCIS Naval Criminal Investigative Service 2003
Mikoto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never actually had a MySpace, but from what I gather, the entire purpose of it is to sign up, add two hundred friends, and then never look at it again.

Very Happy

(In all seriousness, though, I'm so blessedly easy to get in contact with that I've never felt a need for one. That said, I do have a LiveJournal. Figure that.)

One for:
~ 'Two hearts'
~ 'Thirteen lives'
~ A clock
~ 90s-grade CG
~ Reference to Puccini/Madame Butterfly

Two for:
~ Gratuitous Doctor Who continuity
~ Overtly Messianic imagery
~ Beryllium/atomic clock
redhair_tr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how he can cancelled facebook account? i can't cancelled of mine! Evil or Very Mad i am really tired of my effort for cancelling this account. when i got this account i wanted to find my high school friends and now, my e-mail address that i gave is only occupied by weird human creatures, how can i cancel it?
Down East

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. They are getting bad out there. Facebook doesn't let you cancel your acct---at least not easily. They use the term "deactivate" and not cancel. Interesting.

Intructions on how you would cancel acct.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/11/04/delete-cancel-and-terminate-facebook-account-and-profile/

2. After "deactivating" the acct. DO NOT log in again. Or you will "re-activate" acct.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You must leave it alone!!

Or it will "re-activate" the acct.
What b--stds!

3. SEND THEM EMAIL REQUEST.
In addition to deactivating your acct, you must personally send them an email so they will delete your information from their servers.
Otherwise they will keep your information--because they can. Rolling Eyes

Facebook Makes it Easier to Delete Account
Source: The New York Times | Priority: Aligning IT & Business Goals | Topic: Social Networking
Date Published: 2/13/2008 | Date Reviewed: 2/14/2008

TAKEAWAY: In a response to the privacy concerns of many users, Facebook has announced it will permanently delete account information if users send an e-mail request. Facebook is waiting to see users' response to the change before moving to a one-step process for deletion, says Katie Geminder, Facebook's director for user experience and design.

Here's the NYT article url
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/13/technology/13face.html?_r=1&em&ex=1203051600&en=540adbdfc508f401&ei=5087%0A&oref=slogin

Good grief! What a pain....

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Oh, Cat, glad they finally (after weeks) were able to cancel your acct at mspace.
Akka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... Shocked I think because of my simple English I donīt understand this here: why do some delete their myspace account? Iīm still there and have no problems! Rolling Eyes
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akka wrote:
Hmmm.... Shocked I think because of my simple English I donīt understand this here: why do some delete their myspace account? Iīm still there and have no problems! Rolling Eyes

I think some people aren't interested in maintaining their myspace accounts and want out. I'm surprised that it's hard to delete an account there and have assumed that if I were to click on "delete account", then my profile would disappear into the ethernet.

I've been using myspace and facebook to chitchat with various peoples and play word games like scrabulous and scramble (on facebook, that is). I have bloggy things I'd like to post at myspace but never seem to find the time to do so.

Paul's not logged onto myspace since August 2007. Still, he participated at the site for a little over a year, which I think must be a record for him. Contrast this with his activity at the Doctor Who Online site--he answered a total of fourteen questions from fans in mid to late August 2006 and then quit. The site lists his last log-in (and you have to be logged in to read the site contents) as September 2, 2006.

Estelle
Frigate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little AD-HD is he? A little hard to entertain? Laughing

Akka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing me up Estelle! *kiss*
But "why" do they want to delete their account? Isnīt myspace no more sure, or what? Shocked
Frigate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think it's fine Akka. I have friends there I don't in other places and it's fun to be a little creative with your page too. I think some people just want to simplify their lives and cut down on the social sites they have. Or like Paul, just get bored with it and just ignore it forever!

Akka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Frigate, Iīm also happy with my site and lucky to have such friends who have the same interests or just are friends!
Hey, is here someone who isnīt amyspace friend of mine?????? Rolling Eyes
I mean Paul friends have to stay together, or? Wink
Louisa

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray for myspace Rolling Eyes Even though facebook is waaaay cooler....

If anybody still gets on here, I should dearly like to chat away about...well, anything. Such are the results of having no life. PM me if you're interested at all (don't worry, I'm no creepy old man looking for some buggery...)

"Y'all" is, in fact, a cool word.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Paul Says All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: