The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What The BH?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Water Cooler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Begonia8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: What The BH?!?! Reply with quote

I've been reading on a number of my friends pages at LJ, that the LJ may be closing down?! Shocked Shocked Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I sincerely hope not! My LJ is my home, my refuge, on the internet. I'm just getting mine to where I want it and now this?! Argh! Anyway, I checked the LJ News page and I didn't see anything. All I saw was stuff about new features being added. Anyone know anything about this "no more LJ" rumour?

I am NOT amused! Mad

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
Frigate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't heard that Cat! I think I saw where they had been sold to someone else and there were some changes coming from that end, but as for closing it down altogether - no. If they are adding new features and looking for new expansion, it doesn't make sense they would shut it down. I think they may stop the freebie users and make everyone pay or something... I hope this is just a scary misunderstanding. Crying or Very sad
Tony: "Neither does 'Tony'."

Navy NCIS Naval Criminal Investigative Service 2003
Down East

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about it, as I don't have LJ.
I would hope that the new owner keeps it up and gives improvement.
shipoftheline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about it Cahterine, I think some people are taking the changes way to seriously. I doubt they'll be able to impact LJ much with their strike.

I don't think people realize even though LJ is a public place we are all guests (even if paying guests) on somebody else's servers and as such we have to live with their rules or move on.

Photoshop resources
Begonia8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the whole thing was a bit weird. A couple of my LJ friends at LJ explained what was going and it was a misunderstanding by several people about LJ closing down. There was never any need to panic. I gather people were upset about LJ removing certain options first, then saying that were phasing these options out, when they had already completely removed them. Of course, that upset people and they decided to boycott LJ for one day in protest. But a one-day boycott would never have completely closed down the whole LJ. I just read something that was taken out of context and didn't know the whole story.

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
Mikoto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there was some sort of posting strike yesterday. Something to do with sticking it to The Man with a 'content-free day' or 'day of silence' or something.

Which meant I basically had a party and posted loads. Very Happy

One for:
~ 'Two hearts'
~ 'Thirteen lives'
~ A clock
~ 90s-grade CG
~ Reference to Puccini/Madame Butterfly

Two for:
~ Gratuitous Doctor Who continuity
~ Overtly Messianic imagery
~ Beryllium/atomic clock
Begonia8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yeah, I did a post as well. Strange little thingy about my cat answering the question I asked my son. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Water Cooler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: