The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr.Who is coming to Germany, finally!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Water Cooler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wshaffer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akka wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked
Can you beliefe it::::::::: THEY SHOOT OUT DR. WHO!
That what I never wanted to think for is ....they closed sending it! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Now , there is something swapped finally from GB to us and then........ NOTHING, AGAIN!
I´m so disappointed, I tell you! Crying or Very sad Mad Crying or Very sad Mad

Oh no! Does that mean that they won't even show the rest of season 1? Crying or Very sad
Akka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendy, today is the last of the two parts, next Saturday they directly planned another serie!
Okay, I got the luck to get the last part five and six to watch, I even saw the Dalek, tey are great enough to let us those parts, but not the last of serie one! Evil or Very Mad
There is a great discussion going on with fans and "no" fans. So our Doctor fan group seems to be too little,.. right now... or what ever! Confused Mad
Khalaris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some serious effort going on to bring it back to our tv screens.

Personally, I think it was the right choice to stop showing DW:

1. There was NO advertisement before they started showing it. And one trailer one week before doesn't count. No wonder no-one knew about it.
2. Saturday afternoon might be Doctor Who Time in Britain, a time when the family sits together to watch tv, but here no-one does that. The only thing that I konw of that anyone watches on Saturday afternoons is football.
3. They had to cut the episodes, because here everything that runs at that time has to be "appropriate" for age 6. They cut stuff that was important for understanding the episode... that was just ugly.

Of course, no-one likes it, but if they manage to come up with a better time slot to show it and maybe run some trailers I think there's a good chance that people will watch it and get hooked.

There's a petition that even some of our dubbing actors have signed and one of the Pro7 people responsible for DW:
http://www.petitiononline.com/dw2008/petition.html

The dubbing director is even registered at the German Doctor Who Forum. Looks like dubbing DW made him (and some of his colleagues I bet) a fan, so they really care about that, too.
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akka wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked
Can you beliefe it::::::::: THEY SHOOT OUT DR. WHO!
That what I never wanted to think for is ....they closed sending it! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Now , there is something swapped finally from GB to us and then........ NOTHING, AGAIN!
I´m so disappointed, I tell you! Crying or Very sad Mad Crying or Very sad Mad

Ah, that's crummy, Akka!! Sad

Estelle
Down East

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they are very similar to American TV networks and take the show off temporarily -- and give everyone a scare. Confused Sad

Sometimes a network will try to find the right time and day to capture the right audience. They change the schedule. Only thing is, you sometimes don't know what they are doing when they take a show off and do not explain why or what they are doing. We think chimps are working in the network control rooms and stick banannas in the drives to gunk up computers. (ABC takes shows off all the time. They did this with Men In Trees!! We began a letter writing campaign and wrote to the head of ABC--who is also head of Disney. We were a pain but they knew the show had a following of fans.) Then later they put the show on again at another time. Evil or Very Mad Mad Shocked The chimps are busy creating chaos.

Sometimes it is ratings, too. Rolling Eyes Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Maybe they will give it a chance on another day and time. Wink

Does German TV have a specific Science Fiction Channel? Through Cable or Satelite? SciFI Channel is where American TV aired the new Dr Who episodes.

Not knowing a lot about Dr. Who lore, I always thought the Daleks seem rather silly.

Are they seriously serious bad guys? Or are they just silly bad Vogon poetry reader bad guys?

I hope they get your Dr. WHo straightened out.
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down East wrote:
Does German TV have a specific Science Fiction Channel? Through Cable or Satelite? SciFI Channel is where American TV aired the new Dr Who episodes.

I learned today that the SciFi affiliate in San Diego doesn't show the new Doctor Who, which I found mindboggling.

Quote:
Not knowing a lot about Dr. Who lore, I always thought the Daleks seem rather silly.

Well, they do look like pepperpots and sport plungers. Smile Davros, creator of the Daleks, is very creepy though, and the Daleks have been quite nasty in various Doctor Who stories.

Quote:
Are they seriously serious bad guys? Or are they just silly bad Vogon poetry reader bad guys?

Hmm, a Vogon captain destroyed all of the alternative Earths in Mostly Harmless--so, there's some bite to them after all.

Estelle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Water Cooler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: