The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mark McGann with "Shakleton" in Germany!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Water Cooler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Mark McGann with "Shakleton" in Germany! Reply with quote

And I was surprised that a movie with Mark is running here, look:
----------------
on ARTE:

11. Dezember. 08:51 Uhr Sendungen 1-5 von 5 Sendungen
Donnerstag
3. Jan. 20:40 - 22:25

Ernest Shackleton

Der erste Teil des Films berichtet über die Vorbereitungen der Expedition 1914 in London und der Reise ins Eis. Als die Temperatur absinkt, wird die "Endurance" vom Packeis eingeschlossen.
Darsteller: Kenneth Branagh Lorcan Cranitch Mark McGann Matt Day Kevin McNally Phoebe Nicolls Nicholas Rowe
Regie: Charles Sturridge
Figur: Ernest Shackleton Wild Crean Hurley Worsley Emily Orde-Lees
Donnerstag
3. Jan. 22:25 - 00:05

Ernest Shackleton

Shackleton und seine Männer gezwungen, mit drei kleinen Rettungsbooten und Zelten auf dem Eis auszuharren. Ihre einzige Hoffnung ist, die Boote über das Packeis bis zur offenen See zu schleppen.
Darsteller: Kenneth Branagh Lorcan Cranitch Mark McGann Kevin McNally Phoebe Nicholls Corin Redgrave Nicholas Rowe
Figur: Ernest Shackleton Wild Crean Worsley Emily Curzon Orde-Lees
Freitag
4. Jan. 14:00 - 15:40

Ernest Shackleton

Der erste Teil des Films berichtet über die Vorbereitungen der Expedition 1914 in London und der Reise ins Eis. Als die Temperatur absinkt, wird die "Endurance" vom Packeis eingeschlossen.
Darsteller: Kenneth Branagh Lorcan Cranitch Mark McGann Matt Day Kevin McNally Phoebe Nicolls Nicholas Rowe
Freitag
4. Jan. 15:40 - 17:20

Ernest Shackleton

Shackleton und seine Männer sind gezwungen, mit drei kleinen Rettungsbooten und Zelten auf dem Eis auszuharren. Ihre einzige Hoffnung ist, die Boote über das Packeis bis zur offenen See zu schleppen.
Darsteller: Kenneth Branagh Lorcan Cranitch Mark McGann Kevin McNally Phoebe Nicholls Corin Redgrave Nicholas Rowe
Figur: Ernest Shackleton Wild Crean Worsley Emily Curzon Orde-Lees
Mittwoch
9. Jan. 14:55 - 16:35

Ernest Shackleton

----------------------

I will follow that movie, too and may be recording it, if possible. Is someone interested for it? But it´s dubbed in Germany, okay?
Let me know if I should record it or not?!!
BYe, yours Akka! Cool
Frigate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a McGann Invasion! I would love to see Mark in something - in person, especially! Well, that goes for all of them, actually. Very Happy
Tony: "Neither does 'Tony'."

Navy NCIS Naval Criminal Investigative Service 2003
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Mark McGann with "Shakleton" in Germany! Reply with quote

Akka wrote:
And I was surprised that a movie with Mark is running here, look:

This is a wonderful movie, too, Akka. Smile

Estelle
Akka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Frigate and Estelle for your thoughts.
Does Michelle knows it for the McGanns site? Will she announce it there, too? Rolling Eyes
Teri

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frigate wrote:
It's a McGann Invasion! I would love to see Mark in something - in person, especially! Well, that goes for all of them, actually. Very Happy

Hey Frig. Smile Might I suggest Netflix? Are you a member there? Mike and I love it, the DVD's are delivered to your house in a day or two, and you can find lots of obscure stuff (read: BBC produced, etc.) there, too. And we can be 'friends' there and recommend stuff to each other, too! (Because we don't communicate in enough places on the web already, as it is.... lol Estelle, I think we still need to 'friend' there, too, do we not? Surprised Do you still belong?) They have a one month free trial there, too, which is cool. Very Happy

Grace used to say he was fab in 'The Grand' (PBS), too, but only series 2 is on DVD. I think I still might check it out, tho, and 'Shackleton'as well.

MARK STUFF: http://www.netflix.com/RoleDisplay/Mark_McGann/20016576?strkid=1396462396_0_0

Thanks for the heads up, Akka! You are getting to be quite the little German television McGann sleuth! Wink
Rollyb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grand is a wonderful series and Mark plays a complete cad as Marcus Bannerman. He is excellent in this role!!! I was able to get series one and two on DVD region 1 on Amazon but I'm not sure if both are available on region 2 DVDs.
(It was a little Christmas pressie that I gave to myself last year). Wink

I saw Mark recently in another film(on TV)but I'm not sure of the name and I think it was on the History channel. The film was about the Hindenberg tragedy in which he plays a captain.

Hey Frigate!! If you want to see all four McGann brothers acting in a film together, If you haven't checked it out yet, the Hanging Gale is a must see. It's a story of four brothers during the time of the Irish potato famine. It's a very poignant story so be sure to have a box Kleenex nearby!!!
Although it would definitely be nice to actually see them live acting together in a play or musical because they are all good actors and singers.
I would probably be drooling too much if I saw all of them in person!! Wink

Hey!!!Glad to see you around again Teri!!!! Very Happy

Rollande Cool

Just a note, when Grace sent Mark some Birthday wishes a couple of years ago, he sent her the hat he wore in the Shackleton series. What a sweet guy to have done that!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Water Cooler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: