The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A real life Withnail moment
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Water Cooler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saphira

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miss silly wrote:
Appelstroop is delicious. Try this: brown bread, goat cheese (the soft one with strong flavour) and then some appelstroop. Mmmm.
Anyone wondering what appelstroop is? It is treacle of apples and you eat it on bread (in fact: on anything you like).

Appelstroop sounds like Apple Butter from your brief description--any chance they're the same, or similar?

Last edited by Saphira on Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Akka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sylvia and Saphira! And sorry for OT this! Embarassed

Well, I havenīt used the cheese appalstroop version before, but I will try it!
Saphira: Appelstroop is a very thick dark brown sirup, may be thousand of apples are cooked in a special way to get that sirup and indeed itīs delicious! drool drool drool drool
Holland has some specialities you can get here in Germany, thatīs why we sometimes do a trip over the border to buy some delicious things like the Strooooopwaffels, too! drool drool drool
I think, thatīs a important thing why I donīt lose some weight!

Sylvia: next spring would be great, I hope you get practise in your new part of job and may be we get back our convention group? Wink Wink
miss silly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Appelstroop sounds like <a href=http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/000119apple_butter.php>Apple Butter</a> from your brief description--any chance they're the same, or similar?

They are similar, though your recipe has more ingredients and uses the pulp of the apples instead of the juice. It took me a while to find a recipe (I buy it ready made in a shop Wink ).
You use 4 kilogram of cooking apples. You cut each of them in four parts, remove the cores and cook them with 100 grams of sugar, a bit of apple juice and the juice of half a lemon until you have a pulp.
Put the pulp in a colander in which you have put a wet cloth (there is an special cloth for that purpose, but I can't find the English term for it. You could use a tea-towel). Put the colander on a pan. Let it stand for one night. Next day you have to squeeze out the colth above the pan. Than you cook the juice untill it becomes thick.

I like your recipe, I have bookmarked the site so I can try to make it once. Thanks. Smile

Quote:
like the Strooooopwaffels, too!
I think, thatīs a important thing why I donīt lose some weight!

Stroopwafels are very nice Smile and I will never loose weight Wink

Quote:
hope you get practise in your new part of job

Thank you Akka, it is going better every week Smile

And let's see in spring who wants to join our mini convention Cool

Sylvia
Akka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miss silly wrote:

And let's see in spring who wants to join our mini convention Cool

Sylvia

Jepp. Iīm looking forward! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Water Cooler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: