The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meeting Paul in person
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moon Dancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mango,

Wow, that must've been a funny situation to be in. Laughing What footie team is Paul's fav and what team is the rival? What was his facial expression like? Did he have a grin and were his eyes sparkling at all while he was doing that or being very serious with only a slight grin? Just curious.

I like watching the footie games when they show them over here which isn't that often really. Sad

Thanx gals, through you all and the little snippets that are posted here I'm getting a pretty good mental picture of him. Smile

Moon Dancer
mango

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon Dancer wrote:
Mango,

Wow, that must've been a funny situation to be in. Laughing What footie team is Paul's fav and what team is the rival? What was his facial expression like? Did he have a grin and were his eyes sparkling at all while he was doing that or being very serious with only a slight grin? Just curious.

It was one of the funniest moments of that weekend for both my mum & I! He was kidding around & he gave us a look of mock horror but then quicky flashed his infamous grin. Very Happy He supports Liverpool while mum & I like Manchester United (or Man Utd for short) and they're probably the 2 biggest team rivals in the English football premiereship. Here's what all went on that day: http://www.mcgannlibrary.org/viewtopic.php?t=64 - if you want to read more about the football thing, it's near the end of the report just after the last photo of Paul himself & before my signed memorabilia! Wink

Linz
xxx

Avatar courtesy of Desdemona Smile
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Linz,

A fellow Man Utd fan!

I've not had any football-related conversations with Paul (though that may change when he reads what I put on his myspace at the weekend!) but I do have a long standing rivalry thing going on with Stephen and more recently with Joe. I remember going to see Stephen one time and immediately starting up a football conversation (as Man Utd were doing better than Liverpool!). He just looked at me, pretended to be really hurt and just said "I haven't seen you for 2 years and the first thing you say to me is about football......?!!" He had a point I guess Shocked Joe and I have a rivalry thing going on this season as he mailed me some article, in his words

"clearly proving that Liverpool have, over time, been the better team"

I have kept the stats he sent and told him he willl get them back at the end of the season, with this seasons stats included, so come on Man Utd!

I'm now off to read what happened with Paul!
Begonia8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on Paul's and Joe's and Mark's and Stephen's side. Though I
must confess, I'm just starting to get into all this football stuff. I'm
still not really into sport, never have been. Wink But thanks to a
certain gentleman (initials-PMG), I find myself paying attention to
BBCWorld and actually looking for the football results! Shocked I've
got as far as going "Yay! Liverpool won!" or "Rats! They lost!" Whether
or not I ever get any further than that, who knows? But the guys will
have accomplished a miracle, if *I* ever actually WATCH a game! Laughing

"Their power over me, grows stronger yet..." Wink

Catherine xx

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
mango

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle wrote:
Hey Linz,

A fellow Man Utd fan!

I've not had any football-related conversations with Paul (though that may change when he reads what I put on his myspace at the weekend!) but I do have a long standing rivalry thing going on with Stephen and more recently with Joe. I remember going to see Stephen one time and immediately starting up a football conversation (as Man Utd were doing better than Liverpool!). He just looked at me, pretended to be really hurt and just said "I haven't seen you for 2 years and the first thing you say to me is about football......?!!" He had a point I guess Shocked Joe and I have a rivalry thing going on this season as he mailed me some article, in his words

"clearly proving that Liverpool have, over time, been the better team"

I have kept the stats he sent and told him he will get them back at the end of the season, with this seasons stats included, so come on Man Utd!

LMAO Michelle that's priceless! I love that they are good sports (no pun intended!) about it; a little friendly rivalry, no? Wink Us gals know who the better team is, right? Razz

Come on the red devils! *waves scarf*

Linz
xxx

Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously we're the better team - can't understand why four seemingly intelligent guys don't get it... Shocked

Paul has made no comment on my myspace comments Smile Obviously feels there is truth in the facts Smile Laughing
mango

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle wrote:
Obviously we're the better team - can't understand why four seemingly intelligent guys don't get it... Shocked

Paul has made no comment on my myspace comments Smile Obviously feels there is truth in the facts Smile Laughing

Linz
xxx

NimaGraven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girls!

You shock me.

Liverpool FC clearly rule Smile. *Starts singing you'll never walk alone Very Happy*

Five times champions of Europe now.. Lets see Man Utd or Chelsea do that Wink Wink Wink Wink.

Only yankin' yer crank of course Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: