The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sleeping murder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miss silly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Sleeping murder Reply with quote

Yesterday I watched Sleeping murder and I have mixed feelings about this film
The actor were good. They played their part and character very well and I liked the way Paul performed.

But I don't llike the way the director / producer (or who ever is making those decisions) had altered the story so much. Agatha Christie has written an excellent mysterie (I think Sleeping murder is one of her best) and there was no reason to change that. I can imagine that a director has to shorten a story for speeds sake, but here the changes are essential and they do the original story no justice. I think a director should stick to the original story or invent one of his one.

And for me Joan Hickson is the one and only miss Marple. Crying or Very sad

Sylvia
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sylvia.

The Funnybones troupe seems a suitable device to get all the characters together, even though the novel doesn't have such a group. But you're right, the story is changed a bit. The Sad Cypress adaptation reproduces the book storyline much better.

Estelle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Films All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: