The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Young Paul, and Paul with his family...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Miscellaneous photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I was staring at my "Shame About the Boy" album (as I very very very often do, as it sits on a shelf directly above my computer screen...) and I was wondering for the millionth time why they placed Paul next to Joe, because it just makes Paul look so SHORT... But really he's not THAT terribly short, but Joe is really TALL, and... you know.

Then I realized that they very often place Paul next to Joe! I wonder why? Tis so in several of the pics in this thread.

Shame (shame, shame! shame) about the Boy

And this one from Paulgirl:

But he's not all that much shorter than Mark and Stephen, right? Or wrong? I don't know these things. But I'm also only 5'1" myself, so I rarely consider anyone else short, compared to me. Laughing
Teri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the same thing when Denise posted that pic--Grace, we are so very on the same wave-length this week! Surprised

And I wondered, too, that Mark looks shorter than Paul in that one, too--is he? Then again Paul's up on the ball of his foot, and Mark is flat on his foot. I was always under the impression Paul was the shortest of the four, though.

Grace wrote:
Then I realized that they very often place Paul next to Joe! I wonder why? Tis so in several of the pics in this thread.

Yep, noticed that, too. Look how often they do it in the Hanging Gale production stills Maddy posted HERE. ButI wonder if Paul 'gravitates' more towards Joe for some reason. It's just the impression I've gotten. He talks about him a lot in articles, seems to look up to him a lot. You know how some sibs just gravitate more towards each other? Was Joe the one who was in the car accident with Paul, btw? I just get a vague feeling Paul bonds more with him than the others, I could be wrong though.
Grace

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Paul is the shortest in the family. (I think he said somewhere that even their sister Clare is taller!)

And yes, Joe was the one in the car accident with him. I've sometimes thought as well that maybe Paul gravitates toward him a little more. I don't know much about Joe, but he and Paul kind of seem to be the most opposite, perhaps in a complementary way that opposites attract, you know? Maybe Mark and Stephen are more of a pair themselves.

That's how it is in my family of five, by sort of natural divistion - Numbers 1 and 2 are a pair (my sisters), Numbers 3 and 4 are a pair (my brothers), and there's me, Number 5 and all alone! Crying or Very sad Laughing

And Mark seems the most like Paul to me, and he's the one who dropped out of acting altogether for a while because the sibling rivalry was getting to be too much. Maybe he has clashes with Paul, like I used to have the worst clashes with my brother who was the most similar to me. (He made me so ANGRY when I was young! But now that we're both older and more mature - and don't live together! - we love and understand each other really well.)

But back to photos, I'm sure the photographers would place them just where they wanted! Maybe they like Paul next to Joe because it's a more dramatic difference, as opposed to Mark and Stephen who have a more subtle difference in height.
Teri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace wrote:
I've sometimes thought as well that maybe Paul gravitates toward him a little more.

Could be a 'father figure' thing going on there for Paul somewhat, too, no longer having their dad around.

Grace wrote:
But back to photos, I'm sure the photographers would place them just where they wanted!

I don't know, in most of their ensemble pics I get the impression they're just told to do what comes natural--and the Hanging Gale was their baby, so I'd think they might have some say as to who went where, but who in blue blazes knows for sure.

It's too bad they don't have a panel for 'Silly nit-picky questions' at the cons, because I'd have a slew of 'em like that for them! Laughing

Btw, 'quattro attori un unico stile' means 'four actors an only style' on Babelfish--do they mean 'four actors and one style'? Or is it just a wonky (Very Happy) translation? Shocked

Check out Paul's tie and vest, too. Do you s'pose he put those together? Shocked Shocked Interesting.
Grace

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it means "Four actors, one unique style." It looks like it's an article focusing on clothing style. So I doubt Paul picked the clothes himself! (I speak a little Italian). But yeah, I was noticing that there's a LOT of plaid there!!! Shocked
Grace

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
It's too bad they don't have a panel for 'Silly nit-picky questions' at the cons, because I'd have a slew of 'em like that for them! Laughing

As well as a panel for "Personal Prying Questions". But we could write them down on cards ahead of time so he could read them and choose whether or not to answer, because we're so considerate like that. Very Happy
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

Was looking through scrapbooks and came across a few family pics you may not have seen before Smile

How young????

Akka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks Sam, I havenīt seen them before , especially the last one is superb! Cool
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are three more young McGann clan pics courtesy of the very sweet Joe McGann.

The whole McGann family:

Baby Joe (isn't he adorable?):

And baby Paul, Mark, and Joe (triple threat):

Estelle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Miscellaneous photos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: