The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taralom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Hi everyone! Reply with quote

Yep, I finally made it to this lovely board. First attempt a few days ago did go somehow wrong and I don't know why. I registered, spend some days in lurkedom and got deleted. Crying or Very sad Did you really take me for a dubious member? Wink Well, now I can tell you that I'm definitely not and that I'm here to join the gushing and squeeing as much as my health admits to. Mr. Green

So, where do I start. Well, I think I should say that if it's necessary pardon my English, I'm German. Cool But I think the language of squeeing and drooling can be understood worldwide. Wink

Now, where does my personal PMcGann history start. Not long ago I saw a Hornblower music video (a quite interesting Horation/William slash thingy Shocked ) and I was hooked instantly. The first glance of Paul in uniform and with a bicorne on his head *a sound of someone thudding on the floor*. Unfortunately I still wasn't able to see him in the Hornblower series but I'm working on it. But I already watched Whitnail & I, the Doctor Who film and also got some Doctor Who audio plays. But I'm still not satisfied. Cool I read on this board about his many many other stuff he's done so far and I'm really looking forward to get more of his audio work. Vurt sounded interesting. Razz

Well, I think I babbled enough for now. I'm happy to be on this board and will enjoy it very much. Very Happy

TL

His witching words, Their tones of bliss, His hand's fond pressure, And ah--his kiss!
shipoftheline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to our little corner of the world Taralom. This is definitely the place to be for McGann goodness and squeeing.

You are in for a treat as you discover all the other wonderful things Paul has done.

Photoshop resources
Saphira

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi everyone! Reply with quote

Taralom wrote:
I think the language of squeeing and drooling can be understood worldwide. Wink

I think you are quite right about that!! I'm new here myself, but I wanted to say hello and let you know that your English is quite good! (Certainly much better than my German, which pretty much consists of phrases I've heard on TV or in the movies!) I'm having a great time looking around this board and I'm sure you will, too Smile

Nancy
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Taralom, to this bit of McGanned space! This place is still a work in progress but it's coming along. Smile

Estelle
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Taralom,

Glad you joined us. Lots of good stuff on here to look at and drool over!

Michelle
Taralom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your warm welcome, I feel quite at home here. Very Happy

Quote:
Lots of good stuff on here to look at and drool over!

Definitely. drool

His witching words, Their tones of bliss, His hand's fond pressure, And ah--his kiss!
Tallulah-Belle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Taralom!!!

Yes, Drooling & Squeeeeeing can be understood in every language!! You're English is very good, so do not worry. Very Happy
Rollyb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome Taralom!! Very Happy
I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here....Feel free to squeeee as much as you want.. Laughing
Rollande Cool
Taralom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tallulah-Belle wrote:
Welcome Taralom!!!

Yes, Drooling & Squeeeeeing can be understood in every language!! You're English is very good, so do not worry. Very Happy

Hey Tallulah-Belle. You sound familiar. *cough*C19*cough* Very Happy I bravely hold up the Lt. Bush avatar amongst all the RA ones there. *proud* Wink

Akka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome, Taralom! I´m sure you will feel as familiar as me here! Cool And I´m green to read your English, you´re much better than mine!
Another German member....Hey we´re growing! Cool

Last edited by Akka on Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Tallulah-Belle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taralom wrote:
Tallulah-Belle wrote:
Welcome Taralom!!!

Hey Tallulah-Belle. You sound familiar. *cough*C19*cough* Very Happy I bravely hold up the Lt. Bush avatar amongst all the RA ones there. *proud* Wink

Yup that me over at the *cough*C19*cough* as well. If you noticed, I do not have a RA avatar either. There's enough people over there that can take care of that. I'm actually over there for other reasons.

Glad you make it to the Paul side of life!
MrsBush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome on board Taralom,

Very Happy
I am happy to find another German fan here!!!

As you I get a "Bushbabe" after I have seen 2 parts of the Hornblower movies - in my case "Loyalty" and "Duty". I was hooked at him the first time I saw him. But I know how difficult it is for Germans to find some more informaations and movies with him as he is nearly unknown here in Germany (I can't believe that!).

But I am glad to say that I found some nice members who give me some informations (thanks a lot Teri!!!) or sent me some movies (special thanks to Jan and Akka!!!). So in the meantime I have really quite a lot of Paul-movies - mostly in english language - so I have to repeat them several times to unterstand all. But that's a good opportunity to see him as much as possible Laughing

Since I am a Bushbabe I am surprised in how much famous movies he played (and which was shown in German TV) as I didn't noticed him before - I am really ashamed of that! - for example Cathrine the Great (Katharine die Große) with Cathrine Zeta-Jones or Forgotten (Flucht in die Vergangenheit), Alien 3 (which I didn't see till now because I am not a Horror-Fan) and 3 Musketeers - the famous and popular movie with Chris O'Donnell, Charlie Sheen, Kiefer Sutherland and Oliver Platt. I am sure you have seen it several times - like myself - but I didn't recognized him till I saw the pictures here! So I guess I have to learn a lot.

As told above I am so sorry that you couldn't get any informations or autographs from him here in Germany. So I wrote a long and nice email to his british agent in spring to get one, but I didn't get one. Perhaps they are to busy or they don't answer to foreigners from abroad - I don't know.
But I am very, very sorry of that, especially as I wasn't able to seen him during my last visit to Britain in June, but perhaps I will have another chance to get one during my next stay in October - I will try again and we will see...

Glad to have you here on board! Wink

Petra Very Happy
Down East

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Taralom

I'm so glad to see another PM fan from Germany! Excellent!

I hope you will get to see the Hornblower series. It's very good. Paul looks very nice too. WOOF!

He does a wonderful job on the audio VURT. His voice is very sexy to listen to.

There's lots of his work to discover and enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: