The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photos from the Doctor Who TV Movie region 2 DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Miscellaneous photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Photos from the Doctor Who TV Movie region 2 DVD Reply with quote

The following are still photographs from the DVD and show set pieces and some behind the scenes shots:

Estelle
Akka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks Estelle, itīs interesting to see what happen during filming!

Why does she get eye drops there?

And at him I realized that some of the British and American actors have a little....äh....they speak a little different with their mouth, know what I mean?

Like Christian Bale and Reese Witherspoon, I canīt describe it with my simple words, they speak not that clear as the others!!! Shocked Know what I mean? Embarassed
miss silly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Estelle, great caps. I must see that film again one of these days, it has been too long.

Quote:
Like Christian Bale and Reese Witherspoon, I canīt describe it with my simple words, they speak not that clear as the others!!!

Akka, do you mean murmeln (mutter)? Some actors hardly move their lips when they speak.

Sylvia
Akka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miss silly wrote:

Akka, do you mean murmeln (mutter)? Some actors hardly move their lips when they speak.

Sylvia

Yes, Sylvia, they move their lips not like the others, it sounds different, we would say LISPELN or so! And THIS actor does it well! Laughing
miss silly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile In Holland we say lispeln also, only you spell it like this: lispelen. There's almost no difference.
Brad Pitt does it too, in the Interview with the vampire, he hardly moves his lips. Thanks for the subtitles Wink

Sylvia
Saphira

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estelle, thanks so much for posting these! I was so disappointed when I got home from London and discovered that for some reason, my laptop won't recognize either of my BBC Region 2 DVDs (does just fine with my R2 Withnail, so go figure!), so I couldn't cap either of them. I'd reallly been looking forward to capping the photo gallery, so I really appreciate these! Smile
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akka wrote:
Wow, thanks Estelle, itīs interesting to see what happen during filming!

Why does she get eye drops there?

Daphne Ashbrook wore black contact lenses for her "possessed" scenes with the Master. Maybe she needed some eyedrops to ease the irritation of the lenses. Eric Roberts shunned the green contact lenses because he said they bothered him too much, and so we got to see him in shades looking a bit like the Terminator.

Quote:
And at him I realized that some of the British and American actors have a little....äh....they speak a little different with their mouth, know what I mean?

Yes, some people slur their words. Paul has excellent enunciation, which probably explains why he does so many voice overs.

Estelle
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saphira wrote:
Estelle, thanks so much for posting these! I was so disappointed when I got home from London and discovered that for some reason, my laptop won't recognize either of my BBC Region 2 DVDs (does just fine with my R2 Withnail, so go figure!), so I couldn't cap either of them. I'd reallly been looking forward to capping the photo gallery, so I really appreciate these! Smile

How weird that your BBC DVDs won't play in your computer. Sometimes I've had problems getting burned CDs to play in my comp. If you have a TV, the Phillips DVP642 DVD player ($60) can be converted to multiregion format with a few clicks of the remote. This has been a very reliable player for me.

I'm glad you like the pics. After I captured each frame, I removed the accompanying borders but didn't enlarge the pictures.

Estelle
Saphira

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emay wrote:
How weird that your BBC DVDs won't play in your computer. Sometimes I've had problems getting burned CDs to play in my comp. If you have a TV, the Phillips DVP642 DVD player ($60) can be converted to multiregion format with a few clicks of the remote. This has been a very reliable player for me.

My region-free DVD player works just fine for both the BBC DVDs, it's just the laptop that has trouble with them. I'm not sure why--the only thing they have in common is that they're BBC discs. (I use VLC to play multi-region discs on my Mac, and I have four R2 discs; two play, two don't.) But yes, at least I can watch them on my TV--if I'd had to make a choice, that would have been it!

Quote:
I'm glad you like the pics. After I captured each frame, I removed the accompanying borders but didn't enlarge the pictures.

They're fantastic. Thanks again Smile
Begonia8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's curious, Saphira, that your laptop won't play your BBC TVM DVD.
What brand is your laptop, if I might ask? I have no trouble playing BBC
TVM DVD on my laptop. The DVD is R2. Interesting.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Estelle, I love these TVM caps of
yours. My favourites are the Eighth Doctor in the console room by the
console. My two favourites in one place-perfect!

Thanks Estelle!

Catherine xx

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
Saphira

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catherine wrote:
That's curious, Saphira, that your laptop won't play your BBC TVM DVD.

It is. I can't play Blackpool, either, but I can play Withnail and the Star Trek disc I ordered off eBay to use as a test disc a few months ago. Go figure! I've left a message on the VLC message board (VLC generally ignores the drive's region coding and is what plays W&I and ST just fine, but can't play the others) hoping to find an answer. Like I said, the only thing they have in common is that they're both BBC DVDs.

My laptop is an iBook and I love it to bits. Smile I really want to find a way to make it work, even if I have to temporarily change the drive coding and rip the DVDs, though that'd be a drastic move.
Down East

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting these Estelle. I never saw any of these before from the R2.
I like the one where Paul looks down at Sylvester during setup for Syl's rejuvenation scene and the one where Daphne is about to check out the Doc's heart beat and Paul is looking up....

Eric Roberts can be good, at least on screen. I've seen him in one older movie that I liked him in "Raggedy Man" with Sissy Spacek. He was quite nice and appealing in that, as a sailor on leave in Texas who befriends a lonely widow and her kid.

Saphira, can you set your laptop drive region code to zero? Zero code should play all regions. Unless you had it set for zero all this while, and it didn't work. Crying or Very sad

On my first Our Mutual Friend dvd I bought from the UK, even though the dvd box said region zero it never worked on my players. I bought the R1 OMF after that and it worked.
Saphira

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down East wrote:
I like the one where Paul looks down at Sylvester during setup for Syl's rejuvenation scene

That one is so cute!! Smile

Quote:
Saphira, can you set your laptop drive region code to zero? Zero code should play all regions. Unless you had it set for zero all this while, and it didn't work. Crying or Very sad

It's set to R1. I don't think R0 is an option for the laptop drive, at least not that I've seen. I think it's to keep you from doing precisely what I'm trying to do. I am tempted to change it to R2 just to see if the discs will play, but I hestitate to do that just because you can only change it so many times. :-\
Down East

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, just had the same thing happen to me when I was going to do some caps for OMF and Afraid of the Dark (some scenes I hadn't capped before.) This is a new computer and dvd drive (Samsung) the DVD region hasn't been set yet and it has asked me to. The options for regions are selectable.....by country, not region!!! Isn't that nice. Rolling Eyes Too bad there wasn't a country that takes in both R1 & R2. Though it does let me reset it up to 5 times.

The other thing is, it isn't letting me set even my own country or any country, because it says I don't have administrative permission. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
Akka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estelle, thanks for the contact lenses upclearing! *hug*

I realized the two different looks of wigs, it seems to be two wigs: one with more curls and one with the straighter hair! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Miscellaneous photos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: