The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our Mutual Friend
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Screen caps from the 1990s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Down East

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be with Ripway. They were pretty good and dependable for me, but I paid 9 dollars a month for bandwidth and 50 mbts worth of files.
Now, I'm with Photobucket. You can upload 19 images at a time which is a lot, I guess. I can't remember what their limits were, though. Seems like it's pretty good too.
Saphira

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down East wrote:
Now, I'm with Photobucket. You can upload 19 images at a time which is a lot, I guess. I can't remember what their limits were, though. Seems like it's pretty good too.

I've had Photobucket for about three years now and love them. When they first started charging for accounts, they restricted the free accounts pretty severely, but now they've upped the disk quota quite a bit, as well as the bandwidth. I don't know why you'd bother to pay for an account with them now unless you had a really busy site with lots of images on it, or you just really hate the ads.

In any case, aside from some very occasional maintenance sort of downtime, I've been very happy with it, and I know a lot of other folks who've also had good luck with it. Hopefully, it'll work well for you! Smile (No, I don't work for them, I just find them really reliable and user-friendly!)
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down East wrote:
I used to be with Ripway. They were pretty good and dependable for me, but I paid 9 dollars a month for bandwidth and 50 mbts worth of files.

And the premium account with photobucket that lets you FTP a bunch of photos costs $25 a year. I still have an account with villagephotos, mainly because I haven't gotten around to moving the pics I have there to photobucket.

Estelle
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaby, photobucket's free account offers 1 gigabyte of space, which holds a lot of pics.

Estelle
shipoftheline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ladies, it sounds like everybody is happy with photobucket. I think I'll give them a try. I don't need a whole bunch of bandwidth but I do like to cap movies so I end up using up lots of space.

Photoshop resources
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Screen caps from the 1990s All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: