The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Retro Gush -- My Potemkin from the Old Place...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Gushatorium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: A Retro Gush -- My Potemkin from the Old Place... Reply with quote

Paul was...how do I say this... breathtaking in that role! Even though I had to wait through about 1/2 hour or so of movie before even seeing him, his first appearance was just gorgeous...

I just loved Potemkin...he was kind, gentle, and not to mention simply beautiful, and Paul did a fabulous job of portraying him.

And those eyes.... sigh. That was the best part of him in this part. Pah on the uniform this time, he looked incredible in it, but I focused more on that wonderful face!

Here are some shots borrowed from the old library celebrating what I love about Paul as Potemkin...

Sigh, what girl wouldn't want to have a lover like that.... I think they purposefully put in the scenes with the other men (i.e. the other McGann...) to contrast to Potemkin's gentleness. Sigh. And um, ladies -- curls!!!!

I love a man who isn't afraid to cry...and here he did it, what twice? And the way those tears glaze over those eyes... Wibble.

Gack! Bedroom eyes! Can you get any sexier?

Curlz and baby blues...

That smile...Oh, that smile! I loved the way the scar by his left eye crinkled up when he smiled.

The long elegant hands...Featured quite nicely in this role... this scene was one for the pause and rewind buttons.

There they are again! Those hands! Plus eyes, plus curlz....thud. Another scene giving the remote a workout.

Sensitive...a Man of God at heart. I loved that side to this character.

Yet he's fierce in an argument. I'd hate to get on his bad side! Look at that fire! Wonder if that's what Paul looks like when he's brassed off... Oh, did I forget to mention the curls????

Thanks for letting me gush!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Akka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gahhhh I must gush, too if I see those pics! I saw him first in CTG, too and was obsessed with that face, his expression and his way to act!
There is no acting like Paul acting! Wink
Rellan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**THUD**

*subconscious thinks that I must thank Desdemona once I regain consciousness*

www.rellan.livejournal.com
Saphira

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every five minutes it seems I'm moving something else to the top of my Netflix queue (they're all gonna have to duke it out up there!), but OMG, the hair alone is killing me! And then those eyes! ::dies::
shipoftheline

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saphira wrote:
Every five minutes it seems I'm moving something else to the top of my Netflix queue (they're all gonna have to duke it out up there!), but OMG, the hair alone is killing me! And then those eyes! ::dies::

LOL!! Take it easy my dear, we don't want you to die. Laughing

Photoshop resources
Akka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He IS adorable in this, that makes you feel like ..dies! SIGH* drool
Saphira

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akka wrote:
He IS adorable in this, that makes you feel like ..dies! SIGH* drool

So glad I'm not alone in the dying, Akka! Wink Those curls kill me dead every single time.
Begonia8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul as Potemkin:

drool

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catherine

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
Akka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jepp , Saphira, the curls... drool and the way he cry and say the words... drool
Jepp Catherine: GAAAAAAHHHHH and drool
Saphira

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akka wrote:
Jepp , Saphira, the curls... and the way he cry and say the words...

I haven't seen CTG yet, but it's with all the others at the top of my Netflix queue, because after seeing these pics, it's become a priority!! I don't know what NF will deign to send me today, though, but as I have stacked the queue in my favor, I'm sure I'll get something good!
Saphira

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched it with a friend who spent the first 45 minutes wondering why we were watching this movie. You guys didn't warn me that I'd be waiting that long!

Anyway, my primary conclusion is that powdered wigs were evil and should be banned unconditionally. We both kept waiting for that awful thing to disappear, and boy, were we glad when it did. I can't say I think a whole lot of the script (it could have been SO much better), but CZ-J was better than I expected, Ian Richardson was in full F.U. mode, which amused me, and Paul was fabulous (not that I expected anything else!). And wow, does he look fabulous in a uniform Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Gushatorium All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: