The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Empire of the Sun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Screen caps from the 1980s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Down East

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Empire of the Sun Reply with quote

Grace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knights and knaves wrote:
Ah...only a few pics. His time on this film as Lt. Price was cut by Spielberg.
Maybe someday Spielberg will re-issue this dvd and add in Paul's cut scenes into the extras.

Paul seems to be wearing some sort of leather armour, like a Barbarian or futuristic Wildman Mad Max character!

WOOF!

Grace wrote:
Wild hair in that first pic! Shocked I was too young when I first saw this film and found it boring. Is it good, besides Paul?

knights and knaves wrote:
I think it is one of Spielberg's better films, like Amistad and Shindler's List. It doesn't get the Spielberg kind of fan attention, because it's not Indiana Jones, or an E.T. kind of film. Everyone expects Spielberg to do stuff like that, even though his other non Adventure/Sci Fi hero films are quite good.
Haven't seen War of the Worlds yet.

EOS is a good story, about a British boy in China who get's separated from his parents, during WW2 and placed in a Japanese internment camp. Based on a book by J.G. Ballard for whom the story is based on. The boy is played by a young Christian Bale, with John Malkovich and Miranda Richardson.
Tom Stoppard, the playwright, wrote the script.

Nice music soundtrack too. John Williams.

Good film. No doubt about it. Just....for our purposes, not enough Paul!
Though Paul plays a wierd baddie.

Yeah, you should see it again.

Maddy

Grace wrote:
Does someone slit their wrist in a bathroom sink? Shocked Or am I remembering that from a different movie? I have a few vague memories of the story, but mostly just little snapshots. And some of the snapshots are actually memories from The Last Emperor of China, which I think I saw in the same general time, and they both take place in China, and have empire/emperor in the title and have young boys as main characters...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Screen caps from the 1980s All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: