The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dutch landscapes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Photo Album
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miss silly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Dutch landscapes Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of Dutch landscapes, so you will understand why I love going abroad. Please don't understand it wrong: I love my country and I think it is beautifull, but we have no mountains. The woods are almost the same as in Germany but smaller and flat.

This is a castle, called Loevestein

These are our dunes

And these are tulips

I have made all the pictures on walks and holidays. Only the last one I didn't make myself Wink that is a postcard that I have scanned.

Sylvia
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, these are gorgeous, Sylvia!!

Estelle
Teri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Dutch landscapes Reply with quote

miss silly wrote:
Please don't understand it wrong: I love my country and I think it is beautifull, but we have no mountains.

Yeah, but for a very flat country, it's also a very beautiful one. There are those who love those wide open spaces! And it's so very green, and lush, and broken up with beautiful waterways. I know what you mean, tho, a change of scenery is always welcome.

Thanks for posting these, too, Sylvia!
Down East

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your pictures of your country are gorgeous, with brilliant colors that please the eye. No wonder there is such fine Dutch art.
Thank you very much for sharing.
miss silly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

with brilliant colors that please the eye. No wonder there is such fine Dutch art.

Thanks. In our first library I had posted some pictures of Holland and then Teri wrote that she thought the skies looked like skies in old Dutch paintings like Vermeer (at least: I think it was Teri who wrote it).
For I see these landscapes often, I don't see that connection any more because I am used to them. So I like it when I get your reactions: they make me look again, with a more open mind than before.

Sylvia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: