The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paul and REG at Withnail for Waterford, February 7, 2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Miscellaneous photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Paul and REG at Withnail for Waterford, February 7, 2000 Reply with quote

I liked this cap I did from the Withnail for Waterford charity video. I'll post more of these soon, I promise.

Estelle
Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that look on REG's face, they look like Withnail and Marwood! Wink

Nice tongue action there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Teri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they do actually look in character there, don't they? Smile It looks like they're talking to the f**king farmer. *gg*

I've never seen that cap before--did you just do these, Estelle? I didn't even know there was a video to be had for Waterford--do wonders ever cease? Shocked ...

Can't wait to see the rest! Very Happy Thanks Estelle!
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
Yeah, they do actually look in character there, don't they? Smile It looks like they're talking to the f**king farmer. *gg*

I've never seen that cap before--did you just do these, Estelle? I didn't even know there was a video to be had for Waterford--do wonders ever cease? Shocked ...

Can't wait to see the rest! Very Happy Thanks Estelle!

Hey Teri!

When I joined the PMEB back in Aoril 2000, there was a big buzz about the charity screening of Withnail & I that REG was organizing. A PAL charity video was also available for sale, and I bought one. A former PMEBer converted the video to NTSC for me back in the day, and I watched it and put it away on my bookshelf. I used my recently purchased Samsung world region videoplayer to convert the Withnail video and recorded it to DVD. And I also got inspired to install WinDVD on my laptop for capping purposes.

I can make a copies of this Withnail DVD for peoples.. Smile

Estelle
Down East

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so nice to see the creators of W&I together.

Gosh, Oscar winner (Killing Fields) & Bafta winner, Bruce Robinson is a very good writer and I'd love to see more of his work.
Check out his IMDB list, though not huge, he's worked with some great filmmakers on wonderful productions, like The Story of Adele H.

His latest work, according to IMDB, is The Rum Diaries, "Begun in 1959 by a then-twenty-two-year-old Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary is a brilliantly tangled love story of jealousy, treachery and violent alcoholic lust in the Caribbean boomtown that was San Juan, Puerto Rico, in the late 1950s."

It's supposedly in production, but the lead, Johnny Depp must be busy with Pirates in the Carib 2.

There's a bit of the Hunter S. take on life, to Bruce Robinson.
Marwood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Robinson is a beguiling, extraordinarily talented and intelligent man. I would love for more of his work to be published/filmed, the latter preferably with Bruce directing, also. Smile
Down East

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.
He's a very talented, thoughtful, intelligent man.
I'd love to see him directing his own film stories again, too.
Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, DE, we still need to work on that Withnail and I Part Two screenplay.

<<is giggling>>
"Bush put both arms round Hornblower's shoulders and walked with dragging feet... Hornblower was the best man in the world and Bush could announce it by singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow' while lurching along the alleyway. " - Lt. Hornblower
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Miscellaneous photos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: