The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McGann Dreams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Gushatorium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akka

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaby: Iīm still living at the old place! Wink

Maddy: that sounds interesting, I havenīt known about that! To translate those whole long story by Babelfish...hm...could work...but then I must read between the lines! Wink

Must give a SORRY for OT! Embarassed
Grace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few nights ago I had a dream that my brother got a new job as a film critic, so he was able to bring home movies on DVD before they were released in the cinema (and I was excited because I would get to see them too!)

I was particularly happy when he brought home a new movie starring Mark McGann, called The Chick Detective! He played a boxer, and he looked very fit. Cool It was a 3-dvd set, but it was quite violent and also had dumb guy jokes, so I only watched the most dreamy Mark scenes, which added up to half an hour.

(I have so many dreams about Mark! Why not Paul? Mark seems to be in my dreams nearly once a week now.) Shocked
Down East

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace, that's so funny!

And The Chick Detective sounds like a good comedic/action movie with a catchy title.
Mark would be great for such a part.
If it had a good story, (that is, if your dream was long enough to get the basics of a good story/plot) maybe you could develop a script for it? Razz
Begonia8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had TWO Paul dreams last night, one right after
the other! That was a treat!

In the first one, he and I were talking back and forth
via instant messaging. We were discussing his obsession
with a large tin of biscuits(cookies to Americans) and the
fact that I would love some Garibaldis! Now I wonder
where all that came from? Hee! Hee!

In the second one, he and I and my son were in the
Virgin Megastore and Paul and I were discussing DVDs.

Interesting, the direction dreams take, isn't it?
Catherine
Grace

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I had a dream that the last person who had Paul's lost around-the-world Valentine finally emailed me with a long explanation and apology, and said it had reappeared and everything was fine and we could continue passing it around and give it to him after all!

Crying or Very sad But it was only a dream.

Mmm, Cat, I'd like some Garibaldis! Hee, was he obsessed with one particular tin of biscuits? Or just a certain brand that he liked?

Maddy, I didn't watch enough of The Chick Detective to pick up on any of the plot, other than Mark was a boxer and there was a lot of violence. And, well... (this is so NOT typical of me! not even in dreams!), there was a scene where he was disrobing one layer at a time before going into the ring for a match - still wearing his shorts of course - bouncing in anticipation of the fight, and already sweaty and pumped to go - and I thought, "Wow, all the fangirls are going to love that." And there were silly locker room jokes about male anatomy, and I thought, "I bet some of the fangirls will like that too." But I just rolled my eyes. Rolling Eyes (I'm such a snob. And a prude! Laughing Embarassed )

But there didn't appear to be any chicks or any detection going on! I think it was kind of a gangsterish movie about the dark crime underworld. It had a subtitle too - it was The Chick Detective: A (something) Story.

I told my brother about it the other day on instant messenger (since he was the one who had the new film critic job in the dream,) and he replied, "Well The Chick Detective only has 10 google hits, so it must still be in very secret production right now." Cool

Probably the boxing was inspired by Conor Phelan.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile It was a large tin with a variety of biscuits. No,
he didn't seem particularly obsessed with any one
kind-well, maybe a little more interested in all the
chocolate ones! Wink Very Happy

Catherine
Grace

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heehee! But it was one particular tin that he was obsessed with? Laughing That's so cute! It seems like something he'd really do. Not only be obsessed with a tin of biscuits, but talk to people about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Wink

Yes, quite. Very Paul.

Catherine
fiddlie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - I knew I needed to join this forum. Glad to hear I'm not the only one having Paulie dreams! Embarassed

From a few weeks ago-
So first, my old college roommate was there, and despite the fifteen pounds she claims to have gained, she looked really skinny. She was having a party that reminded me of one of the weddings in the montage at the beginning of "Wedding Crashers." Lots of lanterns and balconies all the way around.

Okay, so then somehow, Paul McGann is at the party, and then we've taken a rescue vehicle and he's a really bad driver. He's messing with all these dials or what not and not looking at the road at all. But he's very lugubriuous about the whole thing. (That's really the word that popped up in my dream...) It isn't like we've stolen it, but we definitly do not have permission to be driving this thing. He's a smooth operator though, and somehow, there are some other bizarre scene changes and we're back at the party.

So that's when this guy I dated ten years ago for about two weeks, also named Paul, shows up at the party. Okay, so in the dream, I see him and we start kissing, but he is really short. And I'm thinking, I don't remember him being this short (he's 6'2")...this is really weird, so I finally get down on my knees and he is still too short! So then I'm over it, this is too weird and what's up with the incredible shrinking man? I retreat to the first Paul, who is still tinkling wine glasses and being remarkably suave over in the corner.

All in all it was very bizarre, and I don't even remember if PMG ever even said anything, he was such a cool cat. But it was a nice little visit! Very Happy
Grace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiddlie, that's very funny! Laughing Maybe it was the same wedding where Mark and I were opening the presents!
fiddlie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we developing a theme? Parties and cookies - I'm there! Laughing
Down East

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a funny dream Fiddle. Messing with dials....I like that image a lot. All that nervous energy pouring out on high tech equipment, lugubrious.... The shrinking man....and old beau...
And....fast emergency vehicles driven in a devil-may-care fashion!
Ah, The things that dreams are made of...
Hee, hee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Gushatorium All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: