The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let me introduce myself :-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrsBush

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Let me introduce myself :-) Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

as I am a new member of your website I wanted to tell you my little story how I turned into a Paul McGann-Fan, smile....

Teri - one of your "oldest" member - who was very kind to me and explained me much do not need to read to following lines as I told her every detail Wink (Hi, Teri!!!)

First I have to say that I am a German and I didn't heard anything of Paul McGann till my british friends gifted the first 2 Hornblower DVDs last christmas to me... You must know that I first was an Ioan Gruffudd-Fan and this actor is also nearly unknown in Germany, so I asked my friends if the give me further information about him. That's why they sent me the HH-DVDs. At work I told my colleague about me special christmas present and he outed himself with a smile as a big Hornblower-Fan since years. So he lend me the first few HH-Books and as I have read the second (Lt.) I was so appreciated that I only needed one month (!!!) to read all of them and in the meantime I have payed all books for myself too. And the more I watched the HH-DVDs (you must know that I need to see it several times to understand all, because they haven't got any german or english subtitles and sometimes I have got diffuculties to understand all - especially the Irish ones) the more I turned from an Ioan to a Paul-Fan and in the meantime I can't deny that I am a bushbabe!!!

Last but not least my british friend - Carol - is also an actress (but only a small one from a small theater), but she knows him personally! And as she also lives in the near of Bristol I hope to get an autograph of him during my stay from 28th, May till 6, June. This would be great!

Hope to hear from you soon

Very Happy
Petra
Teri

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Petra! Yay, you're here!! Very Happy I'm so glad!

By "oldest" I'm going to assume you mean "longest here". Laughing I am one of the longest standing 'Library' members, but in terms of being a Paul fan, I'm actually a relative newbie compared to some of our venerable PMEBer's, Wink who just celebrated their ten year anniversary of fan-club...ship? Shocked btw. So hip, hip, hoorah for them!

I'm so happy you're finally here with us, Petra--let the gush begin!! Very Happy

Teri

p.s. I hi-jacked Petra off Horatians--with a user name like 'MrsBush', I figured she had some serious Lt. Bush/Paul gushing to take care of. Wink
Akka

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There she is! Hi and welcome Petra!
I thought you were in England right now, but you will go soon. Have a very good trip I I cross my fingers for you, who knows, may be youŽll see Paul? Wink

Well, this is an excellent place for Bushbabes, I will not lose my daily gush here every morning! Embarassed Cool
miss silly

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Petra,

Welcome to the library, it is the best place to be for PGM-fans. And it is good to see that he gets more fans in Europe. Most of my friends never heard of him: Paul who?
Have fun in England! I haven't been there fot too long, I want to go too! Laughing So tell us all about when you come back.

Sylvia

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody again, Very Happy

I only wanted to thank you for your warm welcome!!!
I am so pleased that I found this website and I hope I could give
you more Paul-Infos when I am back from Britain.

Can't await my trip and I am sure that I couldn't sleep tonight as I am so nervous.

I will join you again when I am back!

Bye for now

Laughing
Petra
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I only wanted to thank you for your warm welcome!!!
I am so pleased that I found this website and I hope I could give
you more Paul-Infos when I am back from Britain.

Can't await my trip and I am sure that I couldn't sleep tonight as I am so nervous.

Hi Petra. Have a great trip! I hope you and your friend get to see Paul. Smile

Estelle
Rollyb

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Library Petra!! Very Happy

I hope you'll enjoy yourself because there's lots to see and read here!!
Rollande Cool
Grace

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Petra, and welcome!! I'm Grace. I fell in love with Paul the same way. I saw the first few HH DVDs and loved Ioan Gruffudd - but then Mr. Bush came along and I soon fell in love with him!

Wow, you read all the books in one month???? Shocked I still haven't finished reading them! But I've been reading slowly, because I don't want them to end! Crying or Very sad Laughing

You are in England now, I think, so I hope you're having fun! And I hope your friend Carol will manage to introduce you to Paul! That would be wonderful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: