The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paul at the National Portait Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Miscellaneous photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Paul at the National Portait Gallery Reply with quote

Here'a Paul photo listed but not currently displayed at the National Portrait Gallery:

Estelle
Paulgirl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Paul at the National Portait Gallery Reply with quote

emay wrote:
Here'a Paul photo listed but not currently displayed at the National Portrait Gallery:

Estelle

I came across that listing the other day, too. They had a link where supposedly you could order copies, and I about had a heart attack. But it's unavailable for sale.

Oh, Gawd. What a lovely man. I remember what those arms felt like, all wrapped around me...sigh.

Denise
Teri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your picture's on the Gallifrey 2004 forum, you know. Wink

Hi Denise--good to see you. Smile
Paulgirl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
Your picture's on the Gallifrey 2004 forum, you know. Wink

Yeah, I know. And don't I look swell. Neutral

I've lost thirty pounds since then, am in the process of losing more. My cholesterol was nearly 300, and my doctor basically said I should hire someone to walk behind me so that when I keeled over dead I'd be caught before I hit the ground.

Quote:
Hi Denise--good to see you. Smile

It's good to be seen. Smile

Denise
Teri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulgirl wrote:
Yeah, I know. And don't I look swell. Neutral

Denise, you are quite beautiful and radiant in those pics, you know--so that's enough of that hullabaloo! I know what you mean, though--we all go through phases. Trust me, I've been up and down, and been there and back a million times since I birthed the bebbies, starting twenty three years ago. It ain't always easy, that's for sure.

Paulgirl wrote:
I've lost thirty pounds since then, am in the process of losing more.

Wow, that's fantastic Denise! Smile Good to hear you're getting healthy. My trying to stay fit nowadays is 85% for health purposes, more than anything (long story(s) Confused ). When you hit those forties, it's just time to get busy and take care of business, I guess. Confused

Anyway, I love those pics of you and Paul--and I so loved living your excitement vicariously that weekend! Surprised That really was somethin' else, yes indeedy.

Last edited by Teri on Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hubba, hubba on the pic, too! He is just one compact bit of yum.
Paulgirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
Hubba, hubba on the pic, too! He is just one compact bit of yum.

I remember when I was first standing in his vicinity, when Judi Grant had first touched his arm to make him stop and say hi. My first thought was, "Wow! He *is* really little!" (In a good way I thought this, mind. My personal preference has always run to exactly his physical type).

My second thought was, "Wow! he's so little I could have him slung over my shoulder and be out the door across the parking lot before anyone can blink."

And thanks for the kind words, Teri. I always photograph kind of badly, I think. And I *was* excited and SO happy that weekend-not only meeting Paul (which was truly a dream come true), but the fact that I didn't hang back like I usually would have. I talked to him, I participated, I asked questions. I let myself not be so freaked out.

And the best part was that Paul was everything I'd hoped he be. He lived up to my imagination with flying colors. Even a great actor can't fake a basic and ingrained kindness.

I wonder what happened to my old Library post about it. Swallowed up in the ether, I guess.

Denise
Teri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulgirl wrote:
I remember when I was first standing in his vicinity, when Judi Grant had first touched his arm to make him stop and say hi. My first thought was, "Wow! He *is* really little!" (In a good way I thought this, mind. My personal preference has always run to exactly his physical type).

Yeah, I'm not really a 'compact model' girl, myself--but with a chassis like Paul's, I'm willing to give up the extra leg room for style...

If you know what I mean. Wink
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Paul sashayed into the Wyndham Hotel for ChicagoTARDIS, Judi Grant said his suit made him look short. But he is a shortish guy no matter what he's wearing (still taller then me though).

Estelle
Paulgirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emay wrote:
When Paul sashayed into the Wyndham Hotel for ChicagoTARDIS, Judi Grant said his suit made him look short. But he is a shortish guy no matter what he's wearing (still taller then me though).

Estelle

It's not so much that he's vertically challenged. I was struck by how *slight* he is in real life. His bone structure is so very delicate, especially his hands and fingers. But so well defined. Thank God his shirt was of a thin-ish material. When he hugged me I expected him to be a bit bony feeling, but to my (rather warm) surprise, he was really, *really* solidly built, and the muscles in his back so well defined.

Did I sort of, well, explore that a bit? Well, crap, yeah. Twisted Evil When was *I* ever going to get another chance to run my hands all over Paul McGann's back? I don't think he minded.

Ohmigod! I just remembered! Shocked I *do* have a high-res copy of this picture! I donated some original art to a PMEB Cystic Fibrosis auction and was given it as a gift. Lemme dig it out and see if I can get some copies made.

Denise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Miscellaneous photos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: