The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John, Paul, George, Ringo & Bert 1981

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: John, Paul, George, Ringo & Bert 1981 Reply with quote

Here's a GREAT shot of Paul and the cast members from John, Paul, George, Ringo and Bert from 1981. This was Paul's second professional job. He played George, and it was at the Horseshoe Theater Company in Basingstoke, UK. Annie was the stage manager for this production.

The guy at the top is named Mark Fletcher and the one on the bottom is Jamie Barry. I'm not sure who the person above Paul is.

And by the way, March 23, 2006 marked the 25th anniversary of Paul's professional acting career!

Congrats, Paul!

This is from Annie, by the way. If you repost, please give proper source credit!
"Bush put both arms round Hornblower's shoulders and walked with dragging feet... Hornblower was the best man in the world and Bush could announce it by singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow' while lurching along the alleyway. " - Lt. Hornblower
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bless!! I love it!
shipoftheline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing and please thank Annie for sharing this bit of info with the fangirls.

Photoshop resources
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely cool, Jenn. Please thank Annie lots and lots. I'd do so, but I'm afraid I'd freak her out.

Estelle
Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, as I said to you before, you, Estelle, *you* don't scare her. LOL. She knows I've posted it to the Library so go ahead, board mom, and email her!!! Wink

Oh, and trust me, I thanked her profusely, and proceeded to interview the hell out of her about this photo, LOL.
"Bush put both arms round Hornblower's shoulders and walked with dragging feet... Hornblower was the best man in the world and Bush could announce it by singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow' while lurching along the alleyway. " - Lt. Hornblower
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desdemona wrote:
Oh, and trust me, I thanked her profusely, and proceeded to interview the hell out of her about this photo, LOL.

Did she say anything you can share? Back in the day (March 2001) I loved the response Paul gave to a question Annie Marshall asked him about the play on the PMEB Interactive McGann site (would be ever so cool if it came back).

"The Basingstoke John Paul George was during my first professional stint, for which I received not only the union basic of eighty-five pounds a week, but, more significantly, a union membership card, which would mean one less shop I'd find closed.

"The show ran in the spring of 1981, May into June, at the Horseshoe Theatre. I played George Harrison, who, in the play, as in The Beatles, had very little to say. Instead, I did lots of listening, while well meaning southern colleagues strangled my mother tongue. Can't remember much else of significance. Oh, yes, I fell in love with the assistant stage manager and ended up marrying her."

Estelle
Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was pretty much it, too, beyond what I put in my post. But Annie said it was Paul's second job, but with the way some of those things go, who knows. Since it's March, there must have been something short lived before that.
Teri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such cool stuff you're bringing us via Annie, Jenn! Look at that! Surprised I've read about so much of this stuff in Paul's articles, but always wondered what things looked like, and the sort of people he worked with, etc.--and ṿila! Thanks to Annie and you we're suddenly lucky enough to see it all now. Very Happy

I find it very sweet, too, (and I hope she doesn't mind my saying it) that after all this time Annie still enjoys passing these things along. These had to have been some heady times for her and Paul, no doubt. It's very much appreciated.

Paul's got quite the look there. *g* Any mention of who's who, otherwise? Venturing a guess I'd say top to bottom John, Paul, George, Ringo? Shocked
Down East

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wonderful photograph!
Thank You very much, Annie and Dez!

Reminds me slightly of the Lt. Bush photo in M&R where he's peeking around the stone wall....as the fort is under seige and the bullets are flying.

Was this a musical or a play? Any info about it, a snyopsis?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Theatre All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: