The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More caps from Our Mutual Friend courtesy of Down East-pt. 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Screen caps from the 1990s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: More caps from Our Mutual Friend courtesy of Down East-pt. 1 Reply with quote

But first a shot of real Paul relaxing on set between takes:

Back to Eugene now:

More to come...

Estelle
Down East

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So nice to see these posted. Thanks Estelle.

Not bad, quite luscious, actually.
These are from a Region 2 PAL, which Em kindly converted for me.
I now have the Region 1, DVD and I ought to re-cap them.
But these turned out pretty nice without too much loss in resolution.
Interesting to me, when you open (lighten) the dark ones up, you see what colors build up the shadows. The darkness hides the blotchy areas.
But, I get too techy.

Oh Eugene!!

That very first pic of Eugene lounging devilshly in that red plush chair, looking....oh my! It was a photo that Wrayburnslady owned and had originally posted. Or correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks, Wrayburnslady!
A lovely, lovely picture, indeed.

Gives a gal naughty ideas.
Embarassed Embarassed

Can't wait to see the rest.
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down East wrote:
Oh Eugene!!

That very first pic of Eugene lounging devilshly in that red plush chair, looking....oh my! It was a photo that Wrayburnslady owned and had originally posted. Or correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks, Wrayburnslady!
A lovely, lovely picture, indeed.

Gives a gal naughty ideas.
Embarassed Embarassed

Can't wait to see the rest.

I know a few people who became thoroughly McGanned after watching Eugene in Our Mutual Friend. After looking at your caps, I can definitely see the allure. I'll put up the rest later tonight.

The first picture is from a magazine article that I eventually tracked down and got a copy of. Steph Gould also had the magazine and made a nice print of the picture on heavy photo paper and auctioned it off several years ago to me, when the PMEB was holding a charity auction. I have a lot of McGann odds and ends squirreled away. Smile These definitely deserve to see the light of day.

Estelle
Down East

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I remember hearing something about where that picture came from, and it being a photo or something that a PMEBer had won, and someone had scanned it (and did a fantastic job!!!) and I just wanted to get its provenance (its origins) right.
Because I appreciate your sharing that one! It's one of my favorites.

Imagine you've just come home from work, and there's Eugene sitting in the chair waiting for you, looking up and....OMG!
It's one hell of a sex-ay portrait and yet, very classy too.

Thanks Estelle, and thanks Steph!!!

I just love that pic and I'm not the gushing type.... Sad

What was the magazine?...just curious.
Teri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emay wrote:
I have a lot of McGann odds and ends squirreled away. Smile These definitely deserve to see the light of day.

Bring it on, Estelle. Very Happy

So Paul's out of character in the armchair shot?? Shocked He was most definitely channeling something with Eugene, wasn't he--wow. I would've thought sure that was from a scene! No wonder I never recognized which one. Surprised You can usually tell when an actor's broken character off-set--like in the Who TVM interview (although he is wearing a modern parka there--but still), and the HH3 interview with Paul, too. He actually sets his jaw differently or something, as Bush--don't know what it is.

But anyway, thanks again for these caps, Maddy and Estelle! OMF is not my favorite thing to watch repeatedly, but I so love Paul in it. IMO next to Monocled Mutineer, this is one of his best roles. And the shot of him with the stogie is one of the most sensual shots around of him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Screen caps from the 1990s All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: